South Carolina Press Association Foundation
The South Carolina Press Association Foundation offers up to three scholarships each year to South Carolina college students interested in pursuing newspaper careers. Scholarships are open to student journalists who attend a four-year college in South Carolina or who reside in South Carolina but attend college elsewhere. Juniors and seniors are encouraged to apply.
You can learn more about the South Carolina Press Association Foundation here.
University Of South Carolina Tuition Information
In 2022, tuition for full-time students at University of South Carolina was $12,288 a year for in-state students and $33,528 a year for out-of-state students.
On average, college tuition rises about 3% year.
If this makes attending the college of your dreams sound impossible, remember, the total cost of tuition isn’t necessarily what you will have to pay to attend a school. Many students pay far less than the sticker price after grants, scholarships, and tuition discounts are applied. Additionally, student loans can make theactual cost of attending college more manageable until after graduation.
Tuition for international students at University of South Carolina is $33,528 per year.
American Legion South Carolina Auxiliary
If you are graduating senior high school student living in our state and you have a parent who is an active member of the American Legion Auxiliary and who has been for at least three years youre half way to qualifying for this scholarship. The award is in the amount of $500. If you would like to inquire about this opportunity, contact:American Legion Auxiliary, Department of South CarolinaDepartment Secretary 1200 Main Street, Suite 400-B Columbia, SC 29201 There is no website available for this resource.
Also Check: Sample Of Scholarship Recommendation Letter
Cost Of Books At University Of South Carolina
First-year students are sometimes surprised by how much books and supplies costand not in a good way. The actual cost of books depends on the courses you take and the textbooks, computer programs, or other materials are required.. To save money, many students choose to use books from the library or buy used textbooks and materials.
State Employees’ Credit Union Foundation People Helping People Scholarship
- Be a senior at a North Carolina public high school accepted into one of the 16 constituent campuses of the University of North Carolina.
- Demonstrate scholastic achievement with a 2.5 or higher grade point average on a 4.0 scale, and be deserving of financial aid.
- Must either be a SECU member or eligible for membership through a parent/guardian who is an SECU member.
- Each school district has its own committee that selects the recipients from that district students should contact their school for the official deadline date.
- Be age 18 years old or older
- A resident of North Carolina who is a student or a parent of a student, who is currently attending or will attend a college or university in any state within 12 months of entering the Giveaway as a new or continuing student,or
- A resident of another U. S. state who is a student, or parent of student, who is currently attending or will attend a college or university in North Carolina within 12 months of entering the Giveaway as a new or continuing student
Recommended Reading: University Of South Alabama Full Ride Scholarships
Rising Freshmen Distinctive Scholarships
NC State offers a limited number of competitive scholarships for entering freshmen in an effort to recognize and encourage academic ability and talent. To be considered, students must apply for admission by November 1 and indicate early admission on the application.
- Park Scholarships Prestigious, competitive academic scholarship program for students who demonstrated exceptional academic ability, potential in leadership and service, and exemplary character.
- General Hugh Shelton Leadership Initiative Scholarship Competitive academic scholarship program to promote the mission of the Shelton initiative, to inspire, educate and develop value-based leaders committed to personal integrity, professional ethics and selfless service.
- Chancellors Leadership Scholarship Program for students who demonstrated leadership potential, academic achievement, personal talents, unique work or service experience, and financial need. Applicants should demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of diversity.
- Goodnight Scholars Program The Goodnight Scholars Program is a unique scholarship for outstanding students in the STEM and education disciplines. It is available to students from low- and middle-income North Carolina families, and is valued at $20,500 per year for up to four years. A comprehensive professional development program allows students to grow into tomorrows leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs.
Cfic Everett And Trudy Suddreth Scholarship Of Excellence
Employees of member companies of the Carolina Food Industry Council may apply for the Everett and Trudy Suddreth Scholarship of Excellence. There are 40 scholarships available with a maximum award of $2,500 each. Spouses and dependents of employees are eligible as long as the employee has been with the company for one year or more. The award is available to both high school seniors or undergraduates already enrolled in college
You can learn more about the CFIC Everett and Trudy Suddreth Scholarship of Excellence here.
Recommended Reading: Who Can Apply For Scholarship
Summer Life And Palmetto Fellows Scholarships
Participation and Eligibility
- Participation in the summer state scholarship program is voluntary. Summer participation counts as a term of eligibility. The use of LIFE Scholarship and Palmetto Fellows Scholarship in summer term does not extend the terms of eligibility. Students are limited to eight terms of eligibility.
- Students may use the LIFE Scholarship or Palmetto Fellows Scholarship during the summer term if renewal eligibility requirements are met at the end of the spring term and they are enrolled at least 12 credit hours for the summer. Students who want to use their LIFE Scholarship or Palmetto Fellows Scholarship in the summer term must self-identify their interest to the Financial Aid Office.
- A summer term may not be a students first term of enrollment.
- Summer state scholarship participants who have met continued eligibility at the end of spring are eligible for a fall award, regardless of their academic performance in summer. The next review period for continued eligibility will be at the end of the following spring term.
- A student must be registered at MUSC to participate. .
Changes in enrollment
If a student drops to less than 12 hours in the summer, your scholarship will be cancelled and you will have to repay funds. Students who are making up scholarship deficiencies during the regular school year may not receive Life Scholarship or Palmetto Fellows Scholarship in summer.
Application for Life and Palmetto Fellows
Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowships
- All U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program 1 Indigenous individuals exercising rights associated with the Jay Treaty of 1794 individuals granted Temporary Protected Status asylees and refugees, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation
- Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement and
- Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level in the U.S.
You May Like: Scholarships For Full Time Workers
Is University Of South Carolina
College is an investment, which is why it is important to assess the return on your education. To understand your return on investment or ROI, you will need to first understand what that investment will look like financially.By completing the net price calculator, you will have a good sense of how much University of South Carolina-Upstate will cost you. This will also give you a sense of how much debt you can expect to graduate with.Once you have a sense of your investment, you can think about your return or what you will get out of an education at University of South Carolina-Upstate. In other words, what types of outcomes can you expect?The important factors to consider when thinking about outcomes are the graduation rate of the institution, as well as your expected earnings.
Heres how University of South Carolina-Upstate stacks up:
- 6-year graduation rate: 59.98
- Median earnings : $42,949.00
Note that the average earnings will vary by both major and intended career, so this is not a perfect metric, but should serve as a good starting point.
South Carolina Hope Scholarship
For those students who do not qualify for the LIFE scholarship or the Palmetto Fellows award, there are still some scholarship options available. The HOPE scholarship was designed to help out these people who did not quite meet the SAT requirement, but still graduated from high school with good grades. It is a one year commitment to students and allows them to get started at any public or private university in the state of South Carolina. In order to qualify for the scholarship, students must have done the following:
- Graduated from an accredited public or private high school in South Carolina with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA when looked at on the uniformed SC grading scale.
- Not be eligible for other scholarship awards from the state
- Have not been convicted of a major offense.
- Have not had more than one alcohol offense of their record.
- Made plans to attend a South Carolina university.
The award is similar to the LIFE Scholarship in that there is no application process and the money is applied automatically by the school. This is a one year commitment, so there are no rollover requirements for students. The HOPE scholarship provides $2,800 in that year for the cost of attendance, which can include a $300 book stipend that the school will dispense in check form.
Read Also: Fully Funded Agriculture Scholarships 2021
The South Carolina Life Scholarship
The Legislative Incentive for Future Excellence Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship program administered by the financial aid office at each eligible public and independent institution in South Carolina. The LIFE Scholarship may be used towards the cost-of-attendance for up to eight terms based on the students initial college enrollment date. Students must be enrolled in their first one-year program, first associates degree, first two-year program leading to a baccalaureate degree, first baccalaureate degree, or first professional degree. Students with a baccalaureate degree are ineligible.
For more information, please visit the South Carolina LIFE Scholarship website.
Office Of Financial Aid & Scholarships
Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships is dedicated to helping students and their families make attending Anderson University affordable by informing, counseling and assisting students and parents with finding financial assistance in a timely and equitable manner. For the 2021-2022 award year, 100% of traditional students received financial aid with an average award for freshmen of $32,488 from all sources, making AU one of the most affordable, independent colleges or universities in South Carolina.
Read Also: Grants Or Scholarships For Nursing Students
University Scholarships And Assistantships
The University of South Carolina encourages campus diversity by welcoming students from around the world and provides funding opportunities to support campus diversity for both undergraduate and graduate students. However, the University does not currently offer need-based scholarships to international student.
Usc Upstate Scholars Program
The University of South Carolina Upstate Scholars Program for new and continuing students assists academically talented individuals in their pursuit of higher education. The prestigious awards are given to students who have demonstrated their potential through academic merit. USC Upstate and the upstate region will benefit from the leadership and academic excellence these scholars bring to campus. Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students however, the number of awards available will be determined by the University. Early application for admission to USC Upstate is encouraged for students to be considered for new student scholarships. Contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for more information.
Don’t Miss: Where Can I Get Scholarship Money
Application Process For Upstate Scholarship
The application process for the Upstate scholarships is as follows:
If the candidate is selected for the scholarship, they will be notified of the same by an email from the admissions office. The email will also contain other details regarding the scholarship offer, which the student must accept within a specific deadline.
Charleston Women In International Trade
Charleston Women in International Trade offers two $1,000 scholarships to females and males who demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in international trade. Applicants must be a full-time resident of South Carolina. In addition, the group offers two $3,000 scholarships for students already in college and two $1,500 scholarships for high school seniors. The application must be completed on the website.
You can learn more about the Charleston Women in International Trade here.
Continuing And Transfer Student Eligibility
- Minimum LIFE GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale and
- The completion of a cumulative average of 30 credit hours per year.
This means 60 credits after the second year and 90 credits after the third year. Note: The number of years is based on the first college enrollment after high school graduation and does not stop for nonattendance.
- Transfer students must have high school transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions to qualify for State Scholarship consideration.
Students who are not eligible going into fall term cannot regain eligibility until the subsequent fall term.
Donât Miss: Where To Look For Scholarships And Grants
Create An Fsa Id And Complete Your Fafsa
Create a Federal Student Aid ID before starting a FAFSA on the web for the first time. You will use your FSA ID to sign your FAFSA each year. If you are considered a dependent student for federal financial aid purposes, your parent will also need to create an FSA ID to sign your FAFSA. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid online by March 1st each year. This application opens on October 1st each year. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool when completing a FAFSA.
Don’t Miss: Washington University In St Louis Scholarships
Daughters Of The Holy Cross Sara Hempley Scholarship
The Sara Hempley Scholarship offered through the Daughters of the Holy Cross provides $500 to a non-traditional student who is seeking a degree from a technical, two- or four-year college. Priority is given to students who are residents of Richland County School District and who have some degree of life and work experience beyond typical high school graduates. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and must demonstrate the ability that they can succeed in their chosen degree profession. Recipients must attend an accredited college or university, and the scholarship must be used for tuition, books, fees or equipment necessary for coursework.
You can learn more about the Daughters of the Holy Cross Sara Hempley Scholarship here.
General University Awards For Sc Residents
While these awards generally cannot be combined with one another , they can be combined with a state lottery funded scholarship, making your USC education even more affordable!
Stamps Scholars annual value: At least $20,000Enrichment fund: $10,000Four-year value: At least $90,000
Carolina Scholars Award annual value: $15,000Enrichment fund: $10,000
1801 Scholars Award annual value: $10,000Four-year value: $40,000The Stamps, Carolina and 1801 Scholars Awards are the most prestigious awards offered by the university to South Carolina residents. Fifty students with strong academic records and leadership qualities will be invited to participate in an interview weekend. Five will be named Stamps Scholars, 20 will be named Carolina Scholars, and 25 will be named 1801 Scholars. Candidates must participate in the entire Top Scholars Weekend to be considered for these awards. Last year, S.C. Top Scholars had an average SAT score of 1527 and an average high school GPA of 5.3 and were in the top 1% of their high school class, on average.
To apply for these awards, you must submit both a UofSC application and a Top Scholars application supplement to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The deadline for the Top Scholars application is .
Annual value: Up to $10,000Four-year value: Up to $40,000
Annual value: $8,000Four-year value: $32,000
Annual value: $3,000Four-year value: $12,000
Annual value: $2,000Four-year value: $8,000
Annual value: $500Four-year value: $2,000
Don’t Miss: How To Get Outside Scholarships
Scholarships And Grants For Sc Students
Every state struggles with student retention, and ensuring that all students have access to a college education. In an effort to make a college education more accessible and affordable to all, South Carolina offers a number of lucrative financial aid opportunities for students attending college and university within the state. These programs include lottery scholarships, as well as need-based and merit-based grants.
A brief overview of what South Carolina has to offer college-bound students will help put you on the road to educational success.
Visit the SC Commission on Higher Education for current information on state-funded scholarship and grant programs for college students. File your FAFSAonly way youll be included.
For college-bound students across the country the search for funding is one of the first, and most important considerations. Tuition costs continue to rise, and hardly any student can make it through college without some form of financial aid. Students in South Carolina have access to a large number of excellent government programs designed to make college more affordable, and more accessible. For more detailed information concerning these, and other programs, visit the dedicated website for the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education.
âEducation is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.ââ Nelson Mandelalisa@gocollege.com
Recommended Reading: Ms In Computer Science In Usa Scholarship