Contact For College Of Engineering Scholarship
If you have any questions, please visit our College of Engineering Prospective Student FAQ. In addition, you are welcome to email or call 348-1596 for any additional questions or concerns.
Meetings by appointment only.
For more general information, visit UA Scholarships.
Students from outside the United States are eligible for the Engineering Scholarship Program if all international admissions requirements are met.
Benefits Of University Of Alabama Scholarships
The students winning a scholarship from the University of Alabama will receive all or any of the following listed benefits from the admissions department:
- Funding for education, monthly living expenditures, and conducting experiments
- Residence at hostel and life insurance coverage plan
- Refund of Application fees for admission and exams fees
- Logistics fees refund
Admissions Acceptance Rate of the University of Alabama Scholarship was 62%.
Admissions Application Fees of the University of Alabama is US$40.
Who Is The Sponsor Of The Collegecounts Scholarship Program
The CollegeCounts Board of Directors is the sponsor of the CollegeCounts Scholarship Program, and the Alabama State Treasurer is delegated the administrative responsibilities of the program. CollegeCounts is the marketing name for the Alabama College Education Savings Program created by Alabama law . All promotional and marketing materials for the CollegeCounts Scholarship Program will utilize the name CollegeCounts in describing the savings program, the scholarship program, and the board.
You May Like: Apply For Full Ride Scholarships
Eligibility Criteria For University Of Alabama Scholarships
University of Alabamas scholarship process varies among freshmen and other students. Some of the most generous scholarships it offers are primarily for freshmen. So, If you are applying as a freshman, you will need to submit one of the following documents:-
- Application form for admission
- High school transcript
- SAT or ACT test score
The incoming freshman will first have to lodge an application for admission to the university before applying for the scholarships. After 48 hours of admission application submission, the university will allocate a myBama username and a CWID and send it through an Email. The Email will also provide the required detail relating to setting up your password.
The Scholarship Application is the next step, and it is in the myBama portal. Once you have your portal set up, you can access it and apply for the scholarship program. Ideally, students need to apply for the scholarship during their senior year of high school and not before it as the scholarship application and program update every year.
All the freshman applicants will fall under one of the categories listed below:-
- International student scholarships
The In-state freshman applicants will be subject to Automatic merit scholarships and Competitive scholarships.
The following are some of the automatic In-state freshman scholarships:-
What Are My Responsibilities If I Am Chosen As A Recipient
- You must be enrolled as an undergraduate in the fall of the year in which the scholarships are awarded.
- You must continue in school the entire academic year without interruption to receive the full award, unless approved by scholarship sponsor.
- All students receiving a scholarship from the program must utilize their scholarship during the first and second semester in the same academic year from the date their scholarship is awarded.
How To Apply For International Student Scholarships At University Of Alabama
- Go to mybama.ua.edu and sign in.
- Choose the Admissions/Scholarships option from the main menu.
- Select the Application for Scholarships option within the Scholarship awards section of the page.
- When filling out the scholarship award application, you have to click the Send Application to Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarships button on the last page to be given consideration for Scholarship awards. By completing and submitting these pages, you will be given consideration for all scholarship awards for which you are qualified.
- Incoming freshmen granted admission prior to will have access to the scholarship award application.
- Incoming transfer candidates granted admission prior to March 1 will have access to the scholarship award application.
- If you have any inquiries, please send an email to
Candidates granted admission prior to January 15 and submit a scholarship award application with all necessary supporting credentials by the closing date will be qualified for competitive university and departmental scholarship awards. If you require help filling out the scholarship application, please check the step-by-step instructions.
The University of Alabama will make use of the Competitive Academic Scholarship Award Review Scale to reduce the stress surrounding entrance exam testing obtainability by granting comparable scholarship award values to only the top candidates in the scholarship award application pool.
Spring Semester 2023 Enrollment
- Application deadline for incoming transfer students. You must submit an application for admission and all supporting documents to be considered for automatic merit and competitive scholarships.
- Application deadline for incoming freshmen. You must submit an application for admission and all supporting documents to be considered for competitive scholarships.
- Freshman spring 2023 admission deadline for automatic merit and Alabama Advantage scholarships
Don’t Miss: Pima County One-stop Scholarship
How And When Will I Receive Notification
- Notifications will be sent to award recipients as well as applicants not selected to receive an award via email by the end of April. For award recipients, an Acceptance link will be displayed on the home page following the notification.
- Notifications will be sent by email.
- Add to your email address book or safe senders list to ensure these important emails are not sent to your junk mail folder.
National Merit Finalist Package
Students recognized as a National Merit Finalist by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation who have submitted their application, all supporting documents, provide a copy of their official National Merit Finalist letter via email to and list The University of Alabama as their college of choice with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation beforeMay 1, 2023 will receive:
- Value of tuition for up to five years or 10 semesters for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate or law studies
- Four years of undergraduate on-campus housing at regular room rate*
- $3,500 per year undergraduate supplemental scholarship for four years**
- $2,000 one-time allowance for use in summer research or international study
- $500 per year Supe Store book scholarship for four years
Recommended Reading: Scholarships For Penn State University
Currently Enrolled Student Scholarships
Currently enrolled students not already part of the Engineering Scholarship Program may apply for scholarships each year in their myBama account. Once you are logged in, you will click on the Admissions/Scholarships tab and then the Currently Enrolled Students link inside the Scholarships box. Awarding is subject to availability of funds. The deadline to apply is March 1, 2023. Entering freshmen and transfer students will gain access to the scholarship application after completing one semester.
University Of Alabama Scholarships
University of Alabama scholarships are now being offered to both domestic and international students. The University of Alabama, founded in 1831, is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
It is home to approximately 30,000 undergraduate students with a student-faculty ratio of 21:1. It is a flagship university in the state of Alabama and offers many fabulous academic programs including engineering and sciences.
University of Alabama offers unique programs for its students. First, Cooperative Education Program, or Co-op, at the University of Alabama is very famous. This program allows students to work full-time for a year in the related field of their studies while studying. Students who participate in this program will alternate work for one semester and studies the next semester.
This experience will greatly help students to get a job afterward. Students who complete a year of the co-op will be given the distinction of co-op in their transcripts. One of the best-known co-op partners in engineering is Mercedes-Benz.
Also, the Honors College at the University of Alabama is also excellent. The requirements of being admitted to the Honors College is 28 on ACT or 1310 on the New Sat, and 3.5 GPA.
Some students will receive a Bachelors and Masters degree simultaneously while some will require additional time to complete a Masters degree. More information can be found in the University of Alabama website.
Read Also: Ole Miss Act Score Scholarships
Special Notes About Out Of State Scholarship Students
At their June 9, 2014 meeting, the UNA Board of Trustees approved a resolution adopting a portion of the provisions of House Bill 424 pertaining to out of state students being eligible to pay the resident tuition rate for enrollment at the University of North Alabama. This provision allows out of state students receiving a scholarship award of $250 or more to be eligible for the resident tuition rate. The out of state student must meet the following criteria to be eligible to pay the resident tuition rate:
The student must be a full-time undergraduate US citizen student enrolled at UNA who is receiving an institutional scholarship award of $250 in recognition of a particular talent or ability, provided such student possessed the talent or ability at the time of initial enrollment and maintains continuous scholarship eligibility at UNA. Scholarship funds provided by the UNA Foundation and scholarships funded by external organizations do not qualify the student for the resident tuition rate.
The student may no longer be eligible for the resident tuition rate at UNA if the student does not maintain continuous scholarship eligibility.
National Merit & National Achievement Finalists*& Semi
Up To $12,000/Year + Books
To be considered for a National Merit® or National Achievement® Scholarship, a student must apply for admission to the University and submit a letter documenting his or her selection by one of these national organizations. Selection as a National Merit® or National Achievement® Finalist* or Semi-Finalist will qualify the student to be considered for one of our top Excellence Scholarship awards. Participation in the UNA Honors program may be required.
*Board may be added if funding is available
Don’t Miss: Where Can I Get Scholarship Money
Uab Birmingham Promise Scholarship
The UAB Birmingham Promise Scholarship is an opportunity available to students who graduate from a Birmingham City School. To be eligible for this scholarship, students must be admitted to UAB as first-time, full-time freshmen by Dec. 1 and also complete the required application from Birmingham Promise, Inc., by published deadlines. In addition, students must complete and submit the FAFSA by Dec. 1 to determine eligibility for federal grants . Once a student is awarded UAB merit scholarships and/or federal grants for which they qualify, the UAB Birmingham Promise Scholarship may be awarded to cover the remaining required tuition and fees only for up to 15 credit hours per semester. Housing and meal plan costs are not covered by this scholarship. This scholarship may be awarded for up to four years provided the student meets academic and application renewal requirements by posted deadlines each year. Students do not have to qualify for merit scholarships or federal grants to receive the UAB Birmingham Promise Scholarship, but they must have a FAFSA on file to reflect their aid options. View more details about qualifying for and receiving this scholarship.
Black And Gold Scholarship
The Black and Gold Scholarship pays towards tuition, required fees, and/or on-campus room and board as follows:
The Black and Gold Scholarship pays $4,000 yearly for eight semesters for freshmen and six semesters for college transfer students.
- High school applicants must have a minimum academic grade point average within the range of 2.75 or above on a 4.0 scale in academic subjects and an ACT score of 18 .
College Transfer Students:
- College transfer applicants must have a grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale after completing 24 semester hours of credit.
- Applicants must transfer from an accredited college.
To Maintain Academic Scholarship Awards
Awardees must remain enrolled full-time Awardees must also complete at least 24 semester hours by the end of the spring term.
Awardees must have a minimum academic grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale to retain the academic awards the following academic year and 2.5 for the Black and Gold Scholarship. Students who are awarded academic scholarships must stay in compliance with the academic scholarship requirements. Those students who do not meet the specified qualifications will not retain a scholarship.
You May Like: Best App To Find Scholarships
Changes In Format Or Schedule
The University of Alabama is committed to maintaining the delivery of instruction to allow students to continue their education with minimal disruption. However, UA cannot guarantee or promise to provide a specific mode of delivery of services, classes, instruction or experiences, or that the mode of delivery will not change during the year. A transition from previously planned methods of delivery could include on-campus, hybrid or remote classes and experiences, or if circumstances warrant the exclusive provision of services, classes, and other instruction or experiences on a remote basis, as practicable, or on an alternative schedule. While the method of delivery may change, educational instruction and opportunities will continue. As such, UA will not provide any refund of tuition, in whole or in-part, based on a change in the mode of instruction or schedule of delivery of any services, classes, or other instruction or experiences.
University Of Alabama 2021 Freshman Automatic Merit International Awards At Usa
The University of Alabama is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States, and the flagship of the University of Alabama System. Founded in 1820, UA is the oldest and largest of the public universities in Alabama. UA offers programs of study in 13 academic divisions leading to bachelor’s, master’s, Education Specialist, and doctoral degrees. The only publicly supported law school in the state is at UA. Other academic programs unavailable elsewhere in Alabama include doctoral programs in anthropology, communication and information sciences, metallurgical engineering, music, Romance languages, and social work.
Don’t Miss: Ymca Scholarship For Summer Camp
The Scholarship Application Is Now Open For New Students Entering The University In Fall 2023 And Spring 2024 The Application Will Close On February 15 Or When Funds Are Exhausted
Applicants for scholarships must be admitted to the University . Scholarship applications from students who are not accepted to the University or do not meet the minimum test score requirements will not be considered. The Student is responsible for confirming admissions status.
Submitting a scholarship application does not guarantee that a student will be awarded. Students who are awarded will be notified by letter. The University reserves the right to revise scholarship criteria as it deems appropriate. The scholarship award is based on the availability of funds. NOTE Students awarded an academic scholarship must have a FAFSA on file.
Accepted students who meet the requirements may complete the scholarship application here. Scholarship Application
Presidential Academic, Academic Excellence, and Academic Incentive
These scholarships are awarded to academically qualified students based on information provided in the admission application process, without regard to financial need unless otherwise stated in the criteria.
Academic scholarships have the following provisions and requirements:
Step : Complete Your Free Application For Federal Student Aid
The Financial Aid staff is dedicated to making the federal aid process as straightforward as possible. Financial assistance available through this office includes federal aid grants, loans, work study and information about student employment. Please visit The University of Alabama Student Financial Aid website for more information, and submit your FAFSA by December 1 to ensure priority consideration for all types of financial aid.
You May Like: Scholarships For Sexually Abused Victims
What Are The Details Of The Award
- Annual award amounts of $4,000 for four-year college enrollees and $2,000 for two-year college enrollees.
- Scholarships are determined through an application process.
- Colleges must be accredited, nonprofit two or four-year colleges/universities in the state of Alabama.
- The award is non-renewable and will be granted for the fall and spring semesters of the recipients freshman year.
- These scholarships must to be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for course load, including computers. Funds can also be applied to on-campus room and board expense or off-campus housing if enrolled at least half-time and billed through the school. Other qualifications for covered room and board expense must follow the Qualified Education Expenses guidelines found on the IRS 529 website: .
Special Notes About Excellence Scholarships
The Excellence Scholarship priority deadline is February 1, 2023. The Excellence Scholarship deadline is April 17, 2023. To be considered for an offer of one of the Universitys Excellence Scholarships, an eligible student must apply for admission to the University and submit all required academic credentials by April 17, 2023.
The University will use the unweighted GPA from the students high school academic transcript submitted to the Office of Admissions on or before April 17, 2023. The University will not accept a higher GPA submitted after April 17, 2023 for the purpose of increasing the students scholarship award amount, or, for making the student scholarship eligible when the student was not eligible before April 17, 2023.
All scholarship awards are subject to change depending on fund availability, budgetary constraints, and the size/quality of the applicant pool. No commitment should be made by any party on behalf of the University other than authorized officials in the Presidents Office, the Office of Student Financial Aid and/or the Office of Admissions.
All scholarship offers are time sensitive and must be accepted by the date specified in the scholarship award letter.
Scholarship awards are fixed dollar amounts that may be used to pay all University charges without respect to any specific charge.
Only U.S. citizens are eligible for Excellence Scholarships.
No combination of scholarship offers may exceed the Cost of Attendance for any given term.
Recommended Reading: Scholarships For Adults In Tennessee