State Employees’ Credit Union Foundation People Helping People Scholarship
- Be a senior at a North Carolina public high school accepted into one of the 16 constituent campuses of the University of North Carolina.
- Demonstrate scholastic achievement with a 2.5 or higher grade point average on a 4.0 scale, and be deserving of financial aid.
- Must either be a SECU member or eligible for membership through a parent/guardian who is an SECU member.
- Each school district has its own committee that selects the recipients from that district students should contact their school for the official deadline date.
New Scholarship Application System Is Here
On October 17, 2022, UNCF will begin transitioning from its current scholarship application system to a better, stronger, easier system. Heres what you need to know.
UNCF has helped more than 500,000 students earn their college degrees since its founding.
UNCF is the nations largest private scholarship provider to minority group members. Each year, we award more than $100 million in scholarships to students attending more than 1,100 schools across the country, including our prestigious network of 37 HBCUs.
Bridge To Career Program
In 2018, SECU Foundation introduced the SECU Bridge to Career Program. This program is available to all 58 North Carolina Community Colleges. Designed to help remove financial barriers for students seeking to obtain state-regulated or industry-recognized credentials that lead to sustainable wage careers within their local communities, SECU Bridge to Career Program will fund $500 scholarships to be awarded to eligible students at each of the 58 NC Community College campuses.
SECU Bridge to Career Program will focus on assisting unemployed and underemployed adults, military veterans, and members of the National Guard with marketable job skills that lead to sustainable wage careers within their local communities. Participants must be enrolled in a program that leads to a state recognized or industry supported credential. Interested candidates should contact the Continuing Education Department at their local NC Community College for more information.
Recommended Reading: Columbia University Scholarships For Graduate Students
Promoting Continuing Education For Our Members
The R.I.A. FCU Scholarship Program promotes scholastic excellence and continuing education for our members. We will award five $1,000.00 scholarships for the 2023-2024 school year. Scholarships will be awarded to individuals who demonstrate:
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must submit the following:
- R Completed application
- R High school/college transcripts
- R Letters of recommendation
- R An essay which includes future plans and goals, and how academic and extracurricular activities will help the applicant achieve these goals
Taking Care Of The Future Scholarship Program
We established a scholarship program to encourage and assist young people in furthering their education through post-secondary studies in university or college. This scholarship is just one way that we give back to the communities we serve. Scholarships are awarded to high school seniors who are members in good standing of the credit union.
If you are a Grade 12 student on Prince Edward Island and are planning on attending a recognized post-secondary institution, we are here for you. To apply please below for more information on how you qualify for one of our four scholarships.
You May Like: Art Scholarship For International Students
Statewide College Scholarship Winners
Thanks to 69 credit unions and six chapters, the New York Credit Union Association is awarding $33,750 in college scholarships to 45 bright, hardworking young credit union members. The scholarships range from $500 to $1,500. The recipients were the top scorers among the over 750 applications submitted by credit unions across the state. Students were scored on their academic performance, extracurricular activities, honors, community service, leadership and writing.
Congratulations to our winners!
Ria Fcu Scholarship Eligibility
R.I.A. is committed to promoting scholastic excellence and continuing education for our members. Eligibility is based on the following criteria:
R.I.A. FCU Member
Any member of R.I.A. FCU may apply. May join to qualify.
Must have an account in good standing
Must be a citizen of the United States to be eligible.
Awarded on an objective and non-discriminatory basis.
Scholarships will be paid to the accredited school of choice.
Don’t Miss: Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation Scholarships
Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowships
- All U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program 1 Indigenous individuals exercising rights associated with the Jay Treaty of 1794 individuals granted Temporary Protected Status asylees and refugees, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation
- Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement and
- Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level in the U.S.
- Be age 18 years old or older
- A resident of North Carolina who is a student or a parent of a student, who is currently attending or will attend a college or university in any state within 12 months of entering the Giveaway as a new or continuing student,or
- A resident of another U. S. state who is a student, or parent of student, who is currently attending or will attend a college or university in North Carolina within 12 months of entering the Giveaway as a new or continuing student
Scholarships Financial Aid And Student Internships
A cautionary note: Be wary of scholarship scams. Do not pay money to compete for a scholarship unless you are confident in the source. Read about and report scams on the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information website.
Scholarships for Eligible Family Members
- American Foreign Service Association Merit Awards and Financial Aid Scholarships – Provides children of Foreign Service employees need-based, financial aid scholarships and one-time only academic and art merit scholarships
- DACOR Bacon House Foundation Dreyfus Fellowship Awards – For students enrolled at Yale University who are children or grandchildren of a Foreign Service Officer, active or retired. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 682-0500 or 344-9127
- The Foreign Service Youth Foundation Awards and Scholarships Academic merit awards for college-bound seniors and gap year students
- Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund – The only merit-based scholarship competition program open exclusively to federal employees, their spouses, and their children
- State Department Federal Credit Union Members’ Scholarships – Need-based scholarships for currently enrolled students
Scholarship Search Engines, Databases, Tips and Advice
Programs for Financing a College Education
- Americorps Offers loan repayment assistance to current or future student exchange for community service
- DC Tuition Assistance Grant Program
Financial Aid Information
FLO Web links for College and Beyond
You May Like: Jackson State University Track And Field Scholarships
Class Act Federal Credit Union Scholarship
The University of Louisville and Jefferson County Public School system are working in collaboration on the creation and development of the Louisville Teacher Residency program. The objective of the program, the first of its kind in Kentucky, is to increase the pool of diverse, highly-skilled teachers, particularly in low-performing, urban schools.
The Class Act Federal Credit Union Scholarship offers an award of $1000 per semester for one year of the LTR program . Selected recipients receive the scholarship for all three terms pending successful progression in the program and meeting eligibility requirements listed below.
Ria Federal Credit Union Scholarship Application
Complete the form below to apply.
Any member of R.I.A. FCU with an account in good standing and who is a U.S. citizen may apply. An individual may join R.I.A. FCU for the sole purpose of eligibility. Scholarships will be awarded on an objective and non-discriminatory basis, without regard to age, sex, race, religion or affiliation, and will be paid to the accredited school of choice.
Eligible members must be a graduating high school senior or a current college student enrolling in an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school. Applicants may reapply each year during graduate school, however the scholarship will not be awarded more than twice to the same individual.
Requirements to be considered for the R.I.A. FCU Scholarship include: a completed application, high school/college transcripts , letters of recommendation , and an essay which includes future plans and goals, and how academic and extracurricular activities will help the applicant achieve these goals.
All applicants will be judged by the Scholarship Committee, which consists of R.I.A. Federal Credit Union management and staff. Judging will be based on need, merit and overall achievements in academic and extracurricular activities. Only completed applications will be considered. The application and all requested information must be postmarked no later than March 31, 2023 and either e-mails to email@example.com or mailed to:
Recommended Reading: How To Find Scholarship Money
High School Scholarship Program
SECU Foundation established the People Helping People four-year scholarship program to help North Carolina public high school students attend college. Each of the 115 North Carolina Local Education Agencies /School Districts will receive a minimum of one scholarship valued at $10,000 payable at $1,250 for up to eight consecutive semesters for a senior to attend one of the 16 constituent campuses of the University of North Carolina System.
Recipients of the scholarship will be selected by the LEA Scholarship Selection Committee provided they meet all eligibility criteria. Scholarship recipient information must be submitted by the Scholarship Selection Committee at each LEA. No individual applications are reviewed by the Foundation. Speak with your high school guidance counselor for more information about applying, requirements, and deadlines.
College Scholarship Program Applicants
1. The applicant must save and complete the pdf 2023 Scholarship Application. Please download and save the application before you complete the form. Please be sure to save the application once again after you have completed it.
2. Obtain a Credit Union Verification Code from your credit union to verify eligibility.
- Applicants must be in good standing with their credit union
- applicants will be attending a 2-4 year accredited educational institution
- Trade and Vocational Schools will also be eligible.
3. The applicant and their parent or guardian must complete the Certification and Release Authorization on the last page of the application.
4. Please save the following as three separate files :
- Scholarship Application
**Please note: If you are submitting an application through more than one credit union, you will need to complete the process for each individual credit union.**
- You must complete all of the required information and upload all of the required documents BEFORE clicking save. Once you click save, you will not be able to go back and add or edit your submission.
- Please fill out your name and email address for both the Nominee and Nominated By sections.
- Please disregard the Reasons for Nomination section.
Do not upload a link! You must upload your documents as pdf, word documents or jpgs. Google docs will not be accepted.
Please save your documents as follows:
You May Like: How To Find Scholarship Opportunities
Helping Others Help Themselves
Recognizing the value of a postsecondary education, the State of Idaho offers a variety of scholarship options for eligible Idaho students.
There are many avenues to scholarship awards. Both merit and need-based students can seek financial opportunities.
The scholarships detailed below are administered by the State Board of Education with funding from a variety of sources. Please review each scholarship separately, since the criteria are designed to meet the needs of different students.
How The Scholarship Program Works
Each year the SDFCU Board of Directors approves a dollar amount to be distributed among winning applicants selected by the Scholarship Committee. In addition, one top scholarship recipient will be awarded the Stephen K. Fischel Memorial Scholarship with its own dollar amount in lieu of the regular scholarship amount.
All applicants must be an SDFCU member in good standing. In addition, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program and have completed 12 credit hours of coursework at an accredited college or university .
Achieved a minimum 2.5 GPA and submit official/sealed transcripts
Completed application form and all required documents, including tuition bill, W2 forms, personal statement, and official transcript, must be submitted by the deadline.
You May Like: Scholarships Available In South Carolina
How To Compete
To compete and be eligible for consideration for a scholarship the applicant must be a Member of Justice Federal Credit Union and be enrolled, or plan to enroll in 2022, as a full-time student in an accredited college or university. Your completed Scholarship Application must be submitted electronically no later than 11:59 PM, Monday, April 18, 2022.
Applicant must retain Credit Union membership as a primary account holder. To establish Membership or open an account as a Primary account holder see details below.Scholarship Applicantâs Account must be in Good Standing with the Credit Union. Applicants will be disqualified if they are delinquent on loan payments, have a negative balance, have a dormant account, caused the Credit Union a loss, or failed to submit a completed application.
Not a Member? Join Today
How To Apply:
To apply, log into the Scholarship Manager via the Hawaii Community Foundation website to begin your 2023-2024 HCF Common Application.
Important: In order to be considered for the Hawaii State FCU Scholarship, you must indicate that you are a Hawaii State FCU member in the Affiliation Questions section of the HCF Common Application. If you are a dependent of a member, please include the members name and your relation to the member in the Details field.
How To Apply
Apply for the R.I.A. FCU Scholarship in one of two ways: You may submit the form below or follow the link below to a PDF application. The application and all requested information must be postmarked no later than March 31, 2023 and either e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: