American Society Of Crime Laboratory Directors Scholarship
- This scholarship is for those interested in the forensic sceince side of criminal justice, rather than law enforcement. Both undergraduates and graduate students can apply for this scholarship, sponsored by the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors . Applicants must be majoring in forensic science, forensic chemistry, physical science, or natural science. Students of FEPAC accredited programs are given preference.
- applicants cannot be currently employed in the forensics field
- The American Board of Criminalistics certifies professionals as experts in the field of criminalistics. Part of this process involves sitting for an examination. Through the Ed Rhodes Scholarship, the ABC waives the examination fee for one member of each of 10 criminology organizations. Applicants must be nominated by a current member of the ABC.
Criminal Justice Loan Repayment And Forgiveness
Several loan forgiveness plans exist to help criminal justice graduates, including the following:
Iowa Criminal Justice Scholarships
Central Iowa Chapter of ASIS Security Management Scholarship Open to undergraduate or graduate students with a declared professional security management program, criminology, criminal justice major or related courses. Amount of Award: $500 Duration of Award: 1 year Contact Information: ASIS Central Iowa Chapter 066 c/o MidAmerican Energy
Richard Podlesak Memorial Scholarship Open to undergraduate or graduate students in Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota who are majoring in criminal justice, accounting, business or a similar field of study. Amount of Award: $500-$1,000 Duration of Award: 1 year Contact Information: Heartland Chapter, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Attn: Scholarships Program Coordinator, Diana Liska PO Box 460726
Recommended Reading: Clinical Mental Health Counseling Scholarships
Captain James J Regan Memorial Scholarship
- The National Technical Investigators Association is a nonprofit, all-volunteer professional organization for law enforcement and intelligence officers involved in the technical side of investigations. The NATIA offers two $500 scholarships to law enforcement Explorers based on academic record, leadership ability, extracurricular activities, and a personal statement on their interest in the technical side of law enforcement. Applicants can be current college students or high school seniors.
Minoru Yasui Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is offered by the Japanese American Citizens League and is for undergraduate students who are studying sociology, law, or education. Preference is given to students with a strong interest in human rights or civil rights. Applicants must be JACL members but can be of any ethnicity. Applications must be postmarked by April 1st.
Recommended Reading: Mountain America Credit Union Scholarship
Free Money For Criminal Justice Students
If youre interested in a career in criminal justice, here is a list of Free Money for Criminal Justice Students. Weve waded through hundreds of awards and filtered out the ones that are no longer available or are inactive. The educational awards that are listed here do include those that are institution-specific although there may in fact be other colleges/ universities that offer the same award. When general award information is available, weve opted to list that instead of multiple entries of the same award at different institutions.
Criminal Justice Scholarships: 5 Great Opportunities For Financial Aid
How Student Loan Hero Gets Paid
Student Loan Hero is compensated by companies on this site and this compensation may impact how and where offers appear on this site . Student Loan Hero does not include all lenders, savings products, or loan options available in the marketplace.
Student Loan Hero Advertiser Disclosure
Student Loan Hero is an advertising-supported comparison service. The site features products from our partners as well as institutions which are not advertising partners. While we make an effort to include the best deals available to the general public, we make no warranty that such information represents all available products.
Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the authors opinions and recommendations alone. It may not have been reviewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU: Student Loan Hero is a completely free website 100% focused on helping student loan borrowers get the answers they need. Read more
How do we make money? Its actually pretty simple. If you choose to check out and become a customer of any of the loan providers featured on our site, we get compensated for sending you their way. This helps pay for our amazing staff of writers .
Bottom line: Were here for you. So please learn all you can, email us with any questions, and feel free to visit or not visit any of the loan providers on our site. Read less
Don’t Miss: What Do Scholarships Look For
How To Find Scholarships
Criminal justice scholarships are just a few clicks away. Online resources make finding criminal justice scholarships for your unique situation easy. Whether you are graduating high school or looking for a career change, there are criminal justice scholarships to help you handle the costs of higher education.
Cyrilla Olapeju Sanni Scholarship Fund
This scholarship aims to support a Black, low-income student who is struggling financially to fund their education and career aspirations. The $1,000 scholarship will assist immigrants or children of immigrants with financial aid that will help them combat significant challenges like high tuition costs, language barriers, inaccessible education, etc. Applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA and are encouraged to apply by September 12, 2022.
You May Like: Apply For Scholarships In Florida
Catching The Dream Mesbec Scholarship
This scholarship is for full-time undergraduate, masters, of doctoral degree students who are at least º American Indian. Students may be majoring in business, computers, education, engineering, fine arts, humanities, mathematics, science, or the social sciences, including sociology. Applications are due by April 15th, September 15th, and March 15th.Catching the Dream MESBEC Scholarship Link
Criminal Justice Fire Science And Emergency Services Scholarship
The Criminal Justice, Fire Science, and Emergency Services Scholarship is an award that is offered to first-time students who are enrolled in accepted programs with the sponsor, Kaplan University. This one-time renewable award will range between $400 and $500, and can be granted to multiple students each year. In order to qualify, students at Kaplan University must meet the following guidelines:
* Enrolled in an online undergrad criminal justice, emergency management, or fire science program* Have at least 1-year full-time experience in the field
CRIMINAL JUSTICE, FIRE SCIENCE, AND EMERGENCY SERVICES SCHOLARSHIPAlison Moseley
Also Check: Is There Any Scholarship Available Now
John Jay College Of Criminal Justice Scholarships
- Undergraduate students of John Jay College of any background can apply for this tuition assistance scholarship. Preference is given to those who are involved community service, especially with the Center for Court Innovation, which seeks to create a more fair, effective, and humane justice system. Preference is also givren to those who have overcome significant challenges, such as prior arrests or convictions, involvement in the child welfare system.
- Pi Gamma Mu is the oldest honor society in the social sciences. The organization awards up to 10 scholarships of $1,000 and $2,000 for the first or second year of graduate work in several social science fields, including criminal justice.
- Pi Gamma Mu membership requiured
- Out to Protect create a greater awareness the involvement of LGBTQ law enforcement professionals. The organization offers scholarships of $500-$1,000 for openly LGBTQ individuals to attend a basic law enforcement training program, such as a basic police academy, sheriffs academy, corrections academy, or 9-1-1 dispatcher academy.
Surya Education Assistance Scholarship
This scholarship aims to support a female high school senior or undergraduate student with financing their undergraduate degree. Honoring Surya Rayaprolu, a beloved father and supporter of women’s advancement, this $500 scholarship will uplift a woman pursuing her college degree, emphasizing the importance of attaining an education despite the challenges women face. Eligible applicants may apply for this opportunity by June 28, 2022.
You May Like: Scholarships Offered At Baylor University
The Criminal Justice Honor Societys Scholarships
Also known as Alpha Phi Sigma, the Criminal Justice Honor Society is what it sounds like an association meant to support high-performing criminal justice students. The society offers a pair of awards, the V.A. Leonard and Regina B. Shearn scholarships, to undergraduate and graduate students alike.
Each $2,000 scholarship is awarded, in part, based on your academic performance, personal statement and recommendation letters. The organization also hands out smaller-dollar criminal justice scholarships, from $78 to $500 to attendees of its annual conference.
Deadline to apply: January
The Officer Collin Rose Memorial Foundation Scholarship
- Students who are Michigan residents age 17 or older can apply for this criminal justice scholarship. Applkcants must be accepted to college or a basic police or fire training academy. Eligible majors are: criminla justice, mediation, dispute resolution, law enforcement, firefighting or paramedic services. The cholarship may be renewed once for the following academic year.
- 2.5+ GPA required
- The Vermont Police Association offers scholarships for Vermont students who are majoring in law enforcement, emergency services, and criminal justice. Eligible applicants must demonstrate financial need and be enrolled in a college approved for federal Title IV funding .
Recommended Reading: Scholarships For University Of Iowa
Robert Williams Endowed Scholarship
- This scholarship was established in memory of Robert J. Rob Williams, a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms agent slain in the line of duty of February 1993.
- The scholarship is awarded to senior level undergraduates interested in pursuing a career in law enforcement, preferably in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
How To Apply For Criminal Justice Scholarships
Once you’ve found a scholarship for criminal justice students that you’d like to apply for, you can create a free account on Bold.org and get started! Scholarships may be categorized by education level, major, and/or location, so be sure to adjust the filters as needed. In addition to your Bold.org profile, some scholarships will require an essay prompt or other submission as part of the application.
Don’t Miss: Scholarships That Don T Require Gpa
The Gene Carte Student Paper Award
If youre more of a criminal justice scholar than an aspiring officer, you may be interested in the American Society of Criminologys Gene Carte scholarship, which celebrates academic papers penned by undergraduate and graduate students. There are awards for first- , second- and third-place finishes.
Papers of 7,500 words or less are accepted for submission and judged, in part, on the quality of writing and the contribution to criminology.
If scholarly writing is your thing, also consider the New Scholar Award , one of several scholarships for criminal justice majors offered by the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences.
Deadline to apply: April
Writing A Standout Essay
Essays are not afterthoughtsthey are difference-makers. Many applicants will have similar GPAs and test scores and, if they’ve chosen their references well, most will also have great recommendations. In this case, a considerable weight hinges on the personal essay this is the applicants’ opportunity to explain why he or she should receive funding for their criminal justice education. Here’s how to make your essay stand out:
Start by reading the instructions.
It can be tempting to reuse or recycle portions of a previous application essay. Although that can sometimes work, applicants should clearly frame their essay to each individual scholarship committee by reading the question or prompt and restating it in the introduction. Students applying to general scholarships in addition to the criminal justice ones should keep essay prompts separate and pay close attention to the audience for whom you are writing.
Highlight relevant academic achievements.
While colleges may be equally concerned with a student’s grades in Spanish and calculus, a criminal justice scholarship committee is most interested in classes and academic accomplishments relevant to the field. Highlight these areas, and if there isn’t a direct link, find one. For example, good grades in a computer science class are important for a career fighting cybercrime, while a foreign language award looks great for those who want to work in homeland security.
You May Like: Washington University In St Louis Scholarships
Jerry W Billett Seminole Scholarship Fund
- Full-time student in good standing in the College of Criminology and Criminal Justice.
- Preference to a student who is officially enrolled and registered as an intern with a qualifying employment partner in the College of Criminology and Criminal Justice Program.
- Undergraduate student, with preference to a first-generation student.
- If applicable, the internship must be taken for academic credit or in place of a minor to meet graduation requirements.
Dr Donald Bouma Memorial Scholarship In Sociology Or Social Work
Offered by Calvin College, these two scholarships are awarded to juniors and seniors in the sociology department. Recipients must write a paper in an existing course on a topic related to social justice. Applications are due by February 1, and winners receive $2,400 toward their tuition.Dr. Donald Bouma Memorial Scholarship in Sociology Scholarship Link
Read Also: Scholarships That You Can Actually Get
What Qualities Do I Need To Pursue A Criminal Justice Career
Good organizational and observational skills are essential for most criminal justice careers. To earn criminal justice scholarships, you should maintain good academic and behavioral grades in school. Volunteering in the community and extracurricular activities at school are also important ways to get noticed for criminal justice scholarships. An active, cooperative student is a viable candidate for criminal justice scholarships. If you are driven by justice and the desire to help, you will enjoy a criminal justice career.
Tips For Landing A Criminal Justice Scholarship
No matter the size of the award, criminal justice scholarship applicants can expect to have competition. Therefore, they should take care during the application process to write a captivating essay, gather multiple endorsements and put in extra studying time for standardized tests. Continue reading to see what criminal justice students can do to stand out from the sea of scholarship applicants.
You May Like: Scholarships For Dyslexic Students In Texas
Drinko Criminal Justice Scholarship
The Drinko Criminal Justice Scholarship is a competitive, needs-based award that is granted to applicants who can demonstrate financial need. The renewable $4000 award is given to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors in college who maintain acceptable enrollment status and are pursuing a degree in criminal justice or a related field. To qualify for this opportunity, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
* Must maintain a minimum CPA of 2.0 or higher* Must major in Criminal Justice or Safety programs* Must apply for renewal each year* Must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program full-time at Keystone College
Ginger Kline, Director of Financial Aid1 College Green
How To Find Additional Criminal Justice Scholarships
Like gift aid for many other popular fields of study, criminal justice scholarships are plenty you just have to know where to find them.
In addition to the opportunities described above, find additional listings from these sources:
The cost to be educated, trained and certified or licensed as a corrections or law enforcement officer, a lawyer or other criminal justice professional varies widely. But whatever your overall cost, it could be reduced through gift aid.
You May Like: Transfer Scholarships University Of Alabama
Jim & Anna Hyonjoo Lint Scholarship
- The Lint Center for National Security Studies awards scholarships of $500-$2,000 to students pursuing areas like Counterintelligence, National Security, and International Affairs. Applicants must subit an essay analyzing an issue related to Counterintelligence, International Affairs, and National Defense and/or National Security.
- The Smokin Guns Motorcycle Club is a Colorado-based Law Enforcement, family, and community focused nonprofit group which funds students pursuing a career in Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice. Applicants can be graduating high school seniors or current undergraduates, and must be residents of Colorado.
- 2.7+ GPA required
- The Virginia Sheriffs Institute sponsors two undergraduate scholarships per year: one to full-time students and one to part-time students. Only students 18 and older who are attending Virginia colleges and majoring in Criminal Justice are eligible.
- The Anderson Criminal Justice Scholarship provides $5,000 to a full-time student majoring in Criminla Justice at a school in Washington state. Current undergraduates or graduating high school seniors can apply. Preference is given to those planning on a career in law enforcement. The scholarship is renewable.
Q What Are Qualifying Monthly Payments What Are Qualifying Repayment Plans
There are five basic conditions for a payment to qualify: 1) It must have been made after September 2007 2) It must be part of a repayment plan 3) It must be for the amount billed 4) It must have been paid within 15 days of being due 5) It must have been made by working full time for one of the employers above.
Qualifying repayment plans determine how much to bill borrowers based on their income. Standard repayment plans also apply, but graduates should switch to an income-based repayment plan, otherwise they will have already repaid all of their loan by the time they are eligible for forgiveness.
You May Like: Scholarships For Nurses Continuing Education
Gene Carte Student Paper Competition
Offered by the American Society of Criminology and sponsored by Wiley, this scholarship is only for undergraduate or graduate students who are attending school full-time. Students must submit an essay on a topic directly related to criminology as well as a letter signed by a dean or department chair. First through third place receive $500, $300, and $200, respectively. The application is due April 15th.Gene Carte Student Paper Competition Scholarship Link
Jerry A And Carolyn S Glass Scholarship Award
- Undergraduate or graduate student who demonstrates proven academic ability along with financial need
- Preference given to students from Jackson County, Florida who are lineal descendants of current or deceased members of the Marianna Kiwanis Club or of current or deceased members of the Fishermens Sunday School Class of the First Baptists Church of Marianna, Florida.
Recommended Reading: National Merit Scholarship Finalist 2022