Navy Rotc Scholarships Program 2022
Complete information on the Navy ROTC Scholarship Program is available at all colleges and universities with Navy ROTC units or Navy and Marine Corps recruiters.
The purpose of the Navys ROTC Scholarship Program is to educate. As well as to train young men and women qualified for military service as officers. In the unrestricted line of the Navy, and Navy Nursing Corps as well as the Marine Corps.
However, as the primary source of Navy and Marine Corps officers, the Navy ROTC Scholarship Program plays an important role. Especially in preparing young men and women of mature age for leadership and management positions. Directly in an increasingly technical Navy and Marine Corps.
Furthermore, the selected candidates for the Navy ROTC Scholarship Program receive scholarships through a highly competitive national selection process. They also receive full tuition fees, book stipends. Not only but also training fees, and other financial benefits in many of the most important colleges and universities in the country.
In addition, applicants are appointed officers in the unrestricted line of the Naval Reserve or the Marine Corps after graduation.
Also, Students selected for the Navy ROTC Scholarship Program make their own arrangements for enrollment in the college. As well as for room and board, and take the normal load of courses required by the university to obtain their degree. In addition, scholarship applicants must follow specific academic guidelines.
The Navy Rotc Scholarship Application Deadline For High School Students Graduating In 2023 Is January 31 2023
All application requirements must be submitted by this date. Navy ROTC Boards will be conducted on the following dates:
- 17-21 October 2022
- 10-14 April 2023
- 24-28 April 2023
- Results from the board dates listed above are announced normally two weeks after the board concludes. Note that some of the listed boards may not be held.
The SAT/ACT is still required for a completed Navy ROTC packet. Scores must be sent to NROTC Test Code 0565.
The Portal for 2023 opened on April 1, 2022.
How Competitive Is The Program What Are The Requirements
The Navy ROTC scholarship is highly competitive. You must meet a number of requirements, including:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be a high school graduate
- Meet the required SAT and/or ACT scores. The minimum SAT scores are 550 Critical Reading, 540 Math , and the minimum ACT scores are 21 Math, 22 English .*
- Be between 17-23 years of age by Sept. 1 of the year starting college
- Have no criminal record
- Be physically/medically qualified by Navy standards
- Be admitted to an approved NROTC college or university
You May Like: Scholarship For Computer Science Students
S To Becoming A Duke Nrotc Midshipman:
- Apply for an NROTC scholarship Application opens 01 April of your junior year of high school. Applications due by 31 Jan of your senior year of high school. Rank Duke in your top 5 school choices!
- Apply for admission to Duke University .
- Notify the Duke Recruiting Officer of your interest in Duke NROTC and your application status.
- Receive and accept an NROTC scholarship.
- Become medically qualified for NROTC .
- Receive and accept admission to Duke University.
- If you are not admitted to Duke University, you may change your NROTC scholarship to another university.
- If you do not receive a scholarship, but are admitted to Duke, you may be eligible for our NROTC College Program.
Ease The Strain For Paying For College
One of the most stressful complications for college students is finding the money to pay for the thousands of dollars of college-related expenses. The Navy and Marine Corps offers many scholarship options for those looking to gain tuition or housing assistance while pursuing their degree as a full time student. ROTC offers two, three, and four-four scholarships, based on individual cadets’ circumstance. Scholarships are competitive at the national or campus level. The Navy ROTC scholarship entitles its recipients to full-tuition assistance or room-and-board reimbursement, as well as a textbook/fee allowance and a monthly stipend to cover the students living expenses.
In addition to the scholarship options offered by the Navy and Marine Corps, Norwich University also has a ROTC financial aid policy.
Also Check: The Military Family Scholarship Program Act
How Can You Become Part Of Our Team
Each year, Naval Service Training Command awards competitive scholarships to students who are willing to strive to be the best. You are eligible if you have excelled in academics, extra-curricular activities, athletics and leadership positions, and want to further your success by becoming an officer in the United States Navy or Marine Corps.
For an informational overview regarding Navy and Marine Corps ROTC visit www.nrotc.navy.mil to learn about program requirements, scholarships, and careers in the Navy and Marine Corps.
Requirements For Marine Corps
- A minimum of 1000 SAT , or 22 ACT Composite or 74 AFQT.
- Within height/weight/body fat standard per Marine Corps Order.
- At minimum a 3.0 cumulative GPA .
- No Probation or LOA.
- Must achieve a minimum score of 235 on Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test.
- No less than 12 dead hang pullups or 50 seconds of flexed arm hang .
- 90 crunches in two minutes.
- 22 minute 25 minute or faster three-mile run.
- Academically a second semester freshman or second semester sophomore.
- If you are going to pursue an aviation contract you need to take the ASTB. We can administer the exam on campus with early notification. Required scores are 5 on Academic Qualification Rating , 6 on Pilot Flight Officer Rating .
- Eyesight for pilots can be 20/40 uncorrected and correctable to 20/20.
Read Also: Scholarships That Are Easy To Get
What Does The Nrotc Scholarship Pay For
The Scholarship pays for the following:
- Tuition and school/class related fees OR room and board.
- Book stipend. This amounts to $375 a semester. For several majors, this will pay for most books. For others, like engineering, it may not cover all your books.
- Uniforms. Both Corps of Cadet and Midshipman uniforms.
- Monthly allowance. All scholarship students will receive $250 a month. This allowance increases by $50 each year.
- Summer training pay.
When Is The Scholarship Application Deadline
Applications may be submitted from 1 April until 31 December of the following year. Completed applications will be processed as they are received. Notifications of early selection will begin in September.
1 April online application opens 31 Jan 2023 online application closes 15 Feb 2023 deadline to submit update material for previously processed application 1 Mar 2023 deadline for NRD to have all completed packages in the mail to NSTC
Don’t Miss: California Scholarships For Graduate Students
What Are The Eligibility Requirements For An Nrotc Scholarship
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be 17 years old by Sept. 1 of the first year of college and younger than 27 on June 30 of the year in which you are eligible for graduation and commissioned status. An age waiver may be granted for prior active military service.
- Be a high school graduate or possess equivalency certificates by Aug. 1 of the same year that entrance into the four-year NROTC Program is anticipated.
- Be physically qualified Navy or Marine Corps standards.
- Have no moral obligations or personal convictions that will prevent conscientious bearing of arms and supporting the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic.
- Apply for and gain admission to NROTC colleges. However, notification of admission must be received before the scholarship can be activated.
- Achieve qualifying scores on the Scholastic Aptitude Test or the American College Test .
- Only those credits earned as of the date the applicant hits the submit button count.
- If a high school graduate AND has completed a term of college prior to submitting their application, all college credits earned are counted towards the credit limit.
- If a high school graduate AND is enrolled in college, all college credits anticipated to be earned by June of the application year will count towards the credit limit.
Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps
The benefits of an NROTC scholarship include:
At Cornell, this scholarship could amount to over $50,000 a year, or nearly $200,000 for four years. All scholarship programs lead to a commission as an Ensign in the United States Navy or a Second Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps. Scholarships are offered as either a Navy or Marine Corps option, which must be chosen during the application process. Both Navy and Marine Corps scholarship options provide identical benefits and requires the same service obligation.
To apply for a Naval ROTC Scholarship, follow this link: NROTC Scholarships
If I Dont Receive A 4
Absolutely! Our staff is dedicated to helping you in every way reach your goal of becoming an officer in the Navy or Marine Corps. We have 2 or 3 year scholarships available and encourage you to set your sights on them early. Competitive applications for these opportunities include completion of Calculus and a high GPA. If you were not selected for a 4-year scholarship out of high school, but strongly desire to attend UHM, be a member of the Corps of Cadets, and eventually an officer, there are many opportunities for you!
Navy Nurse Corps Nrotc Program
- Available to students interested in pursuing bachelor of science degree in nursing .
- If selected for scholarship, selectee must major in a nursing degree program leading to BSN.
- On graduation, Nurse NROTC Scholarship Program midshipmen commissioned as reserve officers in Navy Nurse Corps.
- Nurse NROTC eligibility and selection procedures same as regular four-year NROTC Scholarship Program requirements.
- Academic, physical and military requirements differ slightly from regular NROTC.
- Nurse NROTC Scholarship Program not for those pursuing any other medical program.
- Each unit professor of Naval Science is assigned two Tweedale Scholarships each year.
- Program focused on students majoring in specific technical fields.
Criteria for selection:
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Get Scholarship Money
Nrotc Scholarship Status Issues: Still
|Application has been submitted online Your electronic application has been received and is being processed …
|Your assigned recruiter is:
|Items waiting to be processed:
|Math Teacher Eval
emptynest2021 said:My son’s NROTC scholarship status still has this message. His recruiter has stated that everything has been submitted and he SHOULD be board ready for this week.Son tells me to trust the process, and doesn’t want to email the help desk because he says the recruiter knows what he’s doing.Is an email or phone call in order? I’m on pins and needles more than he is. Thank you for any insight.
Application has been submitted online Your electronic application has been received and is being processed … Your assigned recruiter is: Items waiting to be processed: Math Teacher Eval
mcfamilyof4 said:please have your son/daughter contact the recruiter by phone to ensure things are being sent where they need to be. my son almost didnt get his because the recruiter didnt mail the package to Pensacola because he claimed it was incomplete . his school principal called the FL office and demanded they accept his file since everything was submitted timely. thankfully it all worked out
Proud parent of an ANG, USNA X2, and a MidSib
Formerly Known As Attila The Hunnette
What Careers Are Available To Me In The Navy Or Marine Corps Upon Graduation And Commissioning From Nrotc At Usf
Through the Naval ROTC program, we commission students into the Navy and Marine Corps as front line officers e.g., surface ship officers, submarine officers, pilots, Navy SEAL officers, infantry officers, etc. The careers available to students commissioning into the Navy are detailed here and the careers available to students commissioning into the Marine Corps are detailed here.
Notably, we do not offer medical careers through the NROTC program at USF. Additional information about becoming a nurse through the NROTC program is available here.
You May Like: Scholarships For Ball State University
What Does The Nrotc Scholarship Not Pay For
The Scholarship does not pay for: Parking, Meal Plans. If you elect for the scholarship to be applied to your tuition and fees, at other schools, this means that you will pay for your room and board. At Texas A& M University, if you have an NROTC scholarship and apply the scholarship to your tuition and fees, you may utilize the Patriot Scholarship.
What Are The Nrotc Scholarship Details
All Navy ROTC colleges provide the following benefits. Many schools provide even more:
- Receive full tuition at a participating NROTC college or university.
- Have all mandatory undergraduate fees covered.
- Get a stipend for textbooks and uniforms. Currently $750 per academic year .
- Receive allowances each academic month: Freshmen – $250/month, Sophomore – $300/month, Junior – $350/month, Senior – $400/month.
- Go on three summer training cruises. Get paired with Naval Officers in the fleet and spend part of your summer gaining on-the-job experience in various areasincluding aboard a nuclear submarine, with aircraft carriers and aviation squadrons or on warships operating at sea. Also get exposure to the Marine Corps.
A number of different scholarships are available through the Navy ROTC program, including:
- Four-Year National Scholarship: The most well-known scholarship with funding for all four years of your undergraduate degree. Two and three-year scholarships are also available.
- Minority Serving Institution Scholarship Program: For students interested in attending a Historically Black College & University , Hispanic-Serving Institution or Minority-Serving Institution .
- NROTC Preparatory Program : For students who have great potential for the NROTC program but lack necessary standardized test scores or advanced course completions.
- Seaman to Admiral Program: For Enlisted Sailors to go back and get their college degrees as a part of an NROTC school.
Sea Devil Prep Program
Sea Devil Prep is a pilot program to provide a Navy commissioning opportunity for highly motivated and exceptional candidates. The Arizona State NROTC Sea Devil Prep Program prepares Midshipmen-Candidates to succeed in the NROTC curriculum.
Arizona State University will provide in-state resident tuition and fees, on-campus housing, and on-campus meals for a one-year NROTC preparation program as Midshipmen-Candidates. Provided the candidates meet the criteria listed, they will be awarded a national NROTC scholarship to Arizona State University at the conclusion of their first year. In order to apply the student must be eligible for in-state tuition.
NOTE: Sea Devil Prep Midshipman-Candidates will be on a 5-Year college track. The first year as Midshipman-Candidates, and another four years on a National Scholarship as full Midshipman within the unit.
Similar to the National NROTC Scholarship, you must apply to both ASU and the Sea Devil Prep Program. For more information, view the Sea Devil Prep Flyer. To apply, download the application and return in entirety to the unit contact email, . The application deadline is January 15th and the scholarship award notification date is March 1st.
About Navy Reserve Officers Training Corps
The Navys ROTC program was created to develop midshipmen mentally, morally and physically. And to instill the highest ideals of duty and loyalty, as well as the fundamental values of honor, courage.
Not only but also bravery, commitment, in order to instruct university graduates to become naval officers. And are motivated toward careers in naval service with basic vocational training.
As well as to have a potential for future development that is healthy and in good condition. So as to assume the highest responsibilities of command, citizenship, and government.
As a result, the program allowed young people to pursue a career in the Navy. Initially, there were six Navy ROTC units located at the University of California at Berkeley, the Georgia Institute of Technology. As well as Northwestern Universities, University of Washington, and at Harvard and Yale Universities.
In 1990, the Navys ROTC Scholarship Program was expanded to include candidates seeking a four-year nursing degree. In like manner has led to a commission in the Naval Nurses Corps.
You May Like: Scholarships For Type 1 Diabetic Students
Schedule An Officer Interview
How To Apply
- The College Program applications are managed at the local NROTC Unit level. A complete application will consist of the following:
- Completed Report of Medical History DD 2807-1
- High school or college transcript
- Personal Statement
- Indicate why you want to join the NROTC program and pursue a commission as a Navy or Marine Officer
- A copy of SAT or ACT results
- Completed Drug and Alcohol Statement of Understanding
Recommended Reading: How Do I Look For Scholarships