Learn From A Nationally Recognized Leader In Online Education
At American Military University, our expert faculty and industry advisors work to shape a quality, relevant, online education that responds to the needs of working adults looking to advance their education in order to meet professional goals. Come discover how our award-winning, accredited education can help you reach your next level.
Received Best for Vets Colleges distinction from Military Times since 2013.
Part of American Public University System, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission , an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
About American Military University
American Military University is part of American Public University System , which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission , an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Public Education, Inc. . Pursuant to a contractual arrangement, APEI provides certain services for the benefit of APUS, subject to APUS oversight and ultimate authority. Pursuant to a license, APEI may use APUSs trademarks and other intellectual property in its performance of those services. American Public University System, American Public University, and American Military University are not affiliated with American University or the U.S. Military.
Charles A Crumbo Memorial Scholarship
APPLICANT MUST BE:
A current regular or associate member of the Department of Indiana Marine Corps League or Marine Corps League Auxiliary.
The spouse, child or grandchild of a current regular or associate member of the Department of Indiana Marine Corps League or Marine Corps League Auxiliary.
Failure to complete all requirements may disqualify you. Read carefully!
All Applicants ALL MEANS EVERYONE!
- Applicants may request an application from a Department of Indiana Marine Corps Detachment or by writing to the Crumbo Scholarship Committee Chairperson, or by downloading it at
- Completed applications MUST be postmarked NO LATER THAN April 30th of each award year.
- ALL applicants must submit a signed statement from the sponsoring member of the Marine Corps League or Marine Corps League Auxiliary verifying their relationship and recommending the applicant.
- Only full-time, undergraduate students are eligible for the scholarship.
- No applicant shall receive more than five Crumbo Scholarship awards.
- Applicant must submit a copy of their most recent grades with their application. Do not withhold your application awaiting your final grades as such a delay may disqualify you by missing the April 30th deadline.
- Applicants will be notified by July 1st of the award year. All decisions of the Crumbo Scholarship Committee are final.
In addition to the requirements listed above, also complete the following:
You May Like: Georgia Driver’s Education Grant Scholarship
Helping Marines Claim Victory In Fighting For Knowledge
In the battle to own your future, you need courage and commitment to advance your knowledge. One name stands ready to help you: American Military University . We proudly serve Marines seeking affordable, flexible, quality higher education.
Founded by a retired Marine Corps officer, AMU has educated those who serve since 1991. We believe all Marines deserve the opportunity to learn without the burden of debt. Thats why AMU created the Freedom Grant®. This grant gives all U.S. servicemembers, National Guard members, and Reservists the freedom to pursue undergraduate and masters-level education for potentially ZERO out-of-pocket tuition. Move with a purpose at AMU, where you may be able to turn your Marine service into academic credit.
AMU is part of American Public University System , accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- 95%of military and military-affiliated undergrads applied transfer credit
- #1provider of higher education to the U.S. military
- Onlineaccessible wherever life takes you
- 1991founded by a Marine Corps officer and educating those who serve ever since
There is no cost to apply for undergraduate and masters-level programs
Applications For The 2022
INTEREST FREE LOANS AND GRANTS
The Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society Education Program offers grants and interest-free loans for undergraduate or master’s degree at an accredited 2- or 4-year post-secondary, technical or vocational institution in the United States. This financial assistance is available for children of active duty, retired or deceased Sailors and Marines, spouses of active duty and retired Sailors and Marines, and Active Duty Sailors and Marines enrolled in the MECEP or MECP programs.
Applicants must be:
- Child of an active duty, retired or deceased Sailor or Marine
- Spouse of an active duty or retired Sailor or Marine
- MECEP/MECP student
- Registered in DEERS
- Enrolled and registered as a full-time student for the entire year at the same institution and pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree at a post-secondary, technical, or vocational institution that is:
- Located in the United States and accredited by a regional/national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education
- A participant in the U.S. Department of Education Title IV Financial Aid Programs
- Have a cumulative 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 grade scale
- Able to DEMONSTRATE FINANCIAL NEED via the FAFSA SAR form
Some of the Fine Print:
Submission Deadlines & Details:
This application, including mandatory documentation, information, and written material, shall be post-marked no later than the 8th day of May 2020.Applicant is herein informed that eligibility and compliance is solely determined by the Marine Corps League, Detachment #394 Scholarship Committee the decision of said Committee is final. Applicant will be notified of Award or Non-Award by the Committee Chairman on or before the 31st day of July 2020. Applicants granted an award shall personally receive the state amount in the form of a bank check no later than the 31st day of August 2020.
College Of The Environment Scholarships
- Undergraduate students pursuing a Major in Marine Biology may be eligible for a variety of scholarships offered by the UW College of the Environment. Applications open annually in February, and all are based on academic merit and financial need. View full details on College of the Environment Scholarships. Scholarships include:
- College of the Environment Scholarship: incoming and current undergraduates in all College of the Environment majors.
- Nancy Wilcox Scholarship: Incoming undergraduate freshmen or transfer students in all College of the Environment majors.
- Clarence H. Campbell Endowed Lauren Donaldson Scholarship: incoming and current undergraduates majoring in Marine Biology, Aquatic & Fishery Sciences or Oceanography.
- Dani Elenga Environment Scholarship: Incoming undergraduate freshmen or current undergraduate students in all College of the Environment degree-granting programs who are affiliated with the Educational Opportunity Program.
- Del Rio Environmental Studies Scholarship: Incoming undergraduate freshmen or transfer students in all College of the Environment degree-granting programs who are affiliated with the Educational Opportunity Program.
- Yakama Endowed Fund for Student Support: Yakama Nation tribal members who are incoming and current undergraduate and graduate students at the UW in an environmentally-related program or pursuing studies or research focused on the environment.
Who Are We
The Department of Michigan Marine Corps League Foundation is a subsidiary of the Department of Michigan Marine Corps League. The Marine Corps League members are made up of those who served in the United States Marine Corps Active and Reserve components and were honorably discharged. It also includes U.S. Navy Corpsman and Chaplains who served with Fleet Marine Forces. The Marine Corps League was incorporated in 1937 by an act of Congress.
The foundation is a 501 tax-exempt charitable organization.