Other Grants Scholarships & Help
- Visitors to will find links to 32 FREE online scholarship searches, college admissions and financial aid office email addresses and toll free numbers, links to college websites and online applications , a free college admissions and scholarships email newsletter, and a list of the web’s best college and scholarships websites.
- At , you’ll find a list of scholarships guaranteed by individual colleges to ALL admitted students meeting the criteria listed.
The Simultaneous Membership Program
The SMP option is available to current members of the Reserve Component or non-scholarship ROTC Basic Course cadets, MSIs and MSIIs, who wish to receive financial assistance.
Members of the Reserve Component who wish to enroll in ROTC will serve concurrently in both their assigned unit and their ROTC unit, drawing benefits from both. Soldiers who are enrolled in ROTC will not be required to deploy upon successful completion of their first freshman semester and subsequent enrollment in their second freshman semester. Contracted SMP cadets are non-deployable upon contracting.
Prospective cadets with prior military experience will simply be assigned to a unit with a vacant SMP cadet slot .
Soldiers may be placed in the ROTC Advanced Course as MS III cadets, depending on the number of credit hours earned, without the required Basic Course completion .
Benefits of the Simultaneous Membership Program include:
- Monthly stipend of $350 for sophomores, $450 for juniors, and $500 for seniors.
- Drill pay at the E5 level per month .
- G.I. Bill benefits for those who qualify.
The Minuteman Scholarship
- Currently in the Army Reserve or eligible for enlistment
- Ability to pass APFT
- Professor of Military Science validation
- Acceptance letter to college
- Proof of ACT or SAT scores
Arizona Guard Rotc Scholarships Available
The Arizona National Guard has many education assistance tools for Guardsmen to continue their education. Scholarships are available for eligible Guardsmen looking for means to pay for their schooling. Take a look at the flyer above for more details. Deadline to apply are Sept. 1 for fall semester and Dec. 1 for Spring semester. 2020 AZARNG Minuteman Application
Don’t Miss: Kansas Board Of Regents Scholarship
Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty Scholarship
The GRFD program is designed for cadets who are interested in obtaining a commission in the U.S. Army Reserves or Army National Guard with a guarantee for a Reserve Component assignment. Scholarships cover full tuition and mandatory fees or room and board up to $10,000, and range in length up to 3 years. Scholarship awardees also receive a book allowance and a monthly stipend based on their academic year. GRFD Cadets also receive weekend drill and annual training pay as participants in the Simultaneous Membership Program which means they will attend a Battle Training Assembly one weekend per month and a two week annual training.
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- If you are selected for a GRFD scholarship, you are required to sign a GRFD contract, guaranteeing service in the U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard upon commissioning.
- Serve 8 years in an Army Reserve or National Guard unit. Terms of obligation begins at time of commissioning.
- Serve as a SMP Cadet in the unit of your choice with an available SMP slot.
- Attend the 5-week Leadership Development and Assessment Course : Warrior Forge between the Junior and Senior academic year of school.
- Accept a commission to serve in the Army Reserve or Army National Guard upon graduation and commissioning.
Army Rotc Green To Gold
If youre an enlisted soldier, Army ROTC can help you continue to grow and learn. The Army Green to Gold program provides options for soldiers interested in pursuing a baccalaureate or graduate degree and earning a commission as an Army Officer.
The deadline for submission of Green to Gold ADO and Scholarship Applications will be determined upon the opening of the application window.
The Army Green to Gold Program is designed to offer Enlisted Soldiers in the Army the opportunity to earn a commission as Army Officers. This program offers enlisted Soldiers several unique ways to earn a baccalaureate or graduate degree:
- Green to Gold Scholarship Option For Soldiers who are considering leaving Active Duty to attend college while receiving full tuition or room and board , flat rate book payment, and a monthly stipend.
Read Also: Ms In Computer Science In Usa Scholarship
National Army Rotc Scholarship
The Army provides three and four year scholarships to high school seniors as they progress to college. The application process takes some time and requires several elements. Students can create an account at www.goarmy.com/rotc. Then follow the links to High School Scholarships and complete their registration.
Scholarship benefits include
- 100% Tuition or Room and Board
- $1200 a year for Books
- Monthly living stipend of $420
- Scholarship students can request Active Duty, National Guard, or Army Reserve
Application Process includes:
- Upload SAT/ACT Scores to student dashboard
- Army Physical Fitness Assessment
- High School Transcripts
- Professor of Military Science Interview- May be conducted at any university with an ROTC Program
- Letters of Recommendation
If you require more assistance or information regarding how to apply for an National Army ROTC Scholarship, please feel free to contact our Scholarship and Enrollment Officer, Mr. Robert Sullivan by phone at 517.353.3484 or via .
Equipment Training And Tactics
While a lot of Colonial militia units did not receive either arms or uniforms and were required to equip themselves, through colonial history both the Crown and local governments had issued arms and sometimes uniforms for provincial soldiers. Many simply wore their own farmers’ or workmen’s clothes and, in some cases, they wore cloth hunting frocks. Many farmers who owned separate guns such as fowling pieces, and sometimes rifles would use them instead of the militia muskets if the muskets they bought for their duties were old or inoperative. These pieces gradually appeared in quantity, but neither fowling pieces nor rifles had bayonets. Some colonies purchased muskets, cartridge boxes, and bayonets from England, and maintained armories within the colony. Muskets were usually shipped to Crown authorities where they became provincial arms and then sold to the towns or individuals who would pay for them as only the wealthy few could purchase arms directly from arms manufacturers. On several occasions, the Crown authorities had issued muskets as recruitment tools, such as for the 1709 Quebec expedition and the 1710 Port Royal expedition. The Crown often used such opportunities to clear their storehouses of outmoded and inferior weapons, but local Crown authorities were horrified and it became more usual for provincial troops to turn in muskets unless they bought them for use in the organized militia.
Also Check: Scholarships For Musical Theatre Majors
What Does The Army Rotc Scholarship Pay For
NOTE: National Guard and Reserve cadets will receive additional benefits for attending monthly drill and other unit events. To answer further questions, ask your unit commander or watch these Army Recruiting Videos .
Army National Guard / Army Reserve Option
For National Guardsmen and Reservists, the Minuteman Scholarship is similar to the Army ROTC National Scholarship for civilian students. The benefits of the Minuteman Scholarship are the same as well and it offers additional $350 for cadets who participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program. Cadets enrolled in the Simultaneous Membership Program will attend monthly drill with National Guard or Reserve units. After graduation, cadets will commission into the National Guard or Army Reserve.
Don’t Miss: What Schools Give Full Ride Scholarships
Other University Of Virginia Scholarship Resources
Non-UVA awards are offered by sponsors outside of the University. Many of these awards are made co-payable to the student and University therefore, before the funds for these awards can be applied to the studentâs SIS account, the student must physically sign the check. In the case where the funds have been paid directly to the student, the student is required to report the award to SFS. Many students ask us about merit-based scholarships. We recommend students begin their search at websites such as this one managed by College Board.
Federal regulations require that the University consider all resources available to a student when determining eligibility for financial aid awards. Not reporting scholarships can result in late fees, account holds, and incorrect awarding of financial aid. SFS will notify the student if their non-UVA scholarship causes a revision to their financial aid package.
To report a non-UVA scholarship, complete and submit the “Outside Scholarships Self Reporting Form” found under the correct academic year on our Forms directory. Unless otherwise specifically requested in writing by the donor or awarding agency, Student Financial Services will credit one half of the scholarship amount to the fall charges and one half to the spring. If you wish to have the entire amount applied to one semester only, please contact the donor to have them provide documentation of their request.
Nurse Training And Scholarship Program
With real-world experience you may not find in nursing school alone, nursing students who are also Army ROTC Cadets benefit from extensive one-on-one mentoring and training. Youll find out exactly what it takes to become a leader in your medical field.
If youre considering an undergraduate nursing degree, enrolling in Army ROTC can enhance your leadership skills and critical-thinking abilities while providing financial support to help make your professional goals a reality. Being a Nurse in the Army provides you with opportunities not found in the civilian world. As an Army Nurse and Officer, you will have the respect of your peers and coworkers as well as opportunities to train and serve in a variety of specialties.
Army ROTCs Nurse Summer Training Program will allow you to truly fulfill the promises of your training after graduation. Coordinating and communicating patient care, youll be in a clear position to succeed.
Recommended Reading: Scholarships For Nursing Students In Indiana
American Revolutionary War Period
In 1770, Samuel Adams had begun agitating for a reform and update of the militia in the provincial legislature. Hutchinson, the Royal Governor, had ignored him, but as tensions mounted, that tactic became less effective. Adams’ and his like-minded friends were gaining more traction. In May of 1774, Hutchinson was relieved by General Thomas Gage, the new Governor of Massachusetts, who arrived with orders to close the port of Boston. Instead of tamping down disagreement between the colonists and the Crown, it escalated them. That same month, Parliament passed “An Act for the better regulating the Government of the Province of Massachusetts-Bay” and “An Act for the more impartial administration of justice in said Province,” otherwise known as the Intolerable Acts, which were designed to remove power from the towns.
The colonials in Worcester met and came up with a new militia mobilization plan in their County Convention. The Convention required that all current militia officers resign the motive being that ranking officers in the militia could be considered strong Loyalists. Officers were then elected by their regiments. In turn, the officers then appointed one third of their militia regiment as Minutemen. Other counties followed Worcester’s lead, electing new militia officers and appointing Minutemen.
Us Army Reserve/national Guard Minuteman Scholarship
The Minuteman Scholarship allows high school and college students interested in joining the Reserve Officer Training Corps to receive full tuition or $10,000 in room and board in return for a service commitment.
This scholarship covers full tuition and fees or $10,000 for room and board in return for a service commitment. Scholarship recipients may also be eligible for a yearly book allowance of up to $1,200 and a monthly $420 living stipend. As part of the Simultaneous Membership Program, Minuteman Scholarship recipients will earn a salary from their Army Reserve unit.
Recommended Reading: Colleges That Offer Video Game Scholarships
Ad 3 And 3ad Year Dedicated Scholarship
These scholarships guarantee that commissioned Cadets serve in a specific component. The Dedicated scholarship is available for up to three years. All Dedicated scholarship students must participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program with an identified unit while in school.
Advanced designee means that the potential participant will pay for either one or two years of school themselves and then ROTC will contract them and pay for the remaining as long as the Cadet meets eligibility.
Dedicated Army National Guard
- Army National Guard only
- Must SMP w/ ARNG. Paid at the rank of E-5, approximately $250 per month, unless already in the ARNG and holds a rank higher than E-5.
- Must serve with the Army National Guard after commission.
- Pays Full Tuition or pays Room & Board .
- All scholarships come with a $1,200 per year book allowance paid directly to the student.
- Cadets are also paid a monthly stipend
- Cannot use with Chapter 1606/1607, but may use Chapter 30/33
Dedicated Army Reserve
- Must SMP w/ USAR. Paid at the rank of E-5, approximately $250 per month, unless already in the USAR and holds a rank higher than E-5.
- Must serve with the USAR after commission.
- Pays Full Tuition or pays Room & Board .
- All scholarships come with a $1,200 per year book allowance paid directly to the student.
- Cadets are also paid a monthly stipend i
Reserve Officer Training Corps
The Army Reserve Officers’ Training Corps was born when President Woodrow Wilson signed the National Defense Act of 1916. Since its inception, Army ROTC has provided leadership and military training at schools and universities across the country and has commissioned more than a half million Officers. It is the largest commissioning source in the American military.
Army ROTC has a total of 273 host programs with more than 1,100 partnership and affiliate schools across the country. It produces approximately 60 percent of the Second Lieutenants who join the active Army, Army Reserve and Army National Guard. More than 40 percent of current Active Duty Army General Officers were commissioned through ROTC. Army ROTC provides Cadets with the character-building aspects of a diverse, self-disciplined civilian education with tough, centralized leadership development training.
Simultaneous Membership Program/Reserve Officer Training Corps
The Simultaneous Membership Program allows selected enlisted members of the Army National Guard to simultaneously participate in any Army ROTC program. Being an SMP allows you to earn your drill pay, which is paid at the rate of Sergeant , understudy with a unit officer, perform officer duties, contract as cadet, and earn the ROTC benefits.
Year Campus Based Scholarship
- Be a United States citizen
- Must not reach 31st birthday by 31 December of the year in which they will graduate from college and receive their commission.
- Have a valid DODMERB physical
- Ability to pass the Army Physical Fitness Test
- Meet Army Regulation 600-9, Height and Weight standards
- Receive a recommendation from your current Military Science Instructor
- Be a current and full-time student
- Professor of Military Science letter of acceptance
- The amount of tuition and fees is based on online published academic year 2016-2017 resident and non-resident amounts. The amount will increase to cover tuition and fees increase each year.
- Required classes: Lecture Class PT and Lab
- Required Training: 32 day Cadet Leadership Course summer between junior and senior year .
- Additional available training: Airborne, Air Assault, Cadet Troop Leading Time , and Mountain Warfare.
- ROTC Scholarships used to cover room and board pay $10,000 per year . The amount will be paid directly to the Cadet.
Grfd Or Minuteman Scholarship
The Army provides scholarships which are for Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty . These scholarships are available for students who are seeking a commission into the Army National Guard or Army Reserve. This means that once students on this particular scholarship commission, they will be placed in a National Guard unit of their state of choice or in an Army Reserve unit of their choice located anywhere in the United States.
The benefits of these scholarships includes:
- 100% Tuition or Room & Board
- $1200 a year for books
- Monthly living stipend of $420
- *Weekend Drill Pay of $297 monthly
- *$1500 Annual Training Pay
*Students who are on a GRFD or Minuteman Scholarship are required to participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program and will receive additional pay due to their monthly drill with a National Guard or Reserve unit of their choice.
To learn more about a GRFD or Minuteman Scholarship, please contact our Scholarship & Enrollment Officer, Mr. Robert Sullivan at 517.353.3484 or via: You can also contact our Army National Guard Recruiter, SFC Antonio Ybarra, at 517.353.3486 or via email .
Also Check: Examples Of Winning Scholarship Essays
Army National Guard Enlisted Soldier
If you are an enlisted Soldier in the Army National Guard you qualify for the Simultaneous Membership Program and may be able to compete for the Dedicated Army National Guard Scholarship or the two-year Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty Scholarship.
Simultaneous Membership Program
Available to any full-time college student willing to join both Army ROTC and Army National Guard. The SMP option is also available to current members of the Reserve Component or non-scholarship ROTC cadets.
Beneftis of the Simultaneous Membership Program include:
- Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant in EITHER the Army National Guard or Active Duty.
- WIll not be required to deploy while in school.
- Drill pay at E5 grade per month
- 2 week annual training pay
- ROTC Stipend $420 montly during semesters
- Federal Tuition Assistance
- State Tuition Assistance Program
- G.I. Bill benefits starting at $397 monthly for those who qualify with $350 kicker monthly
- Attend ROTC classes “simultaneously” in both their assigned unit and their ROTC unit
- Complete bachelor’s degree or master’s degree
- Complete ROTC advanced course
- DEDNG scholarships cover full tuition
- DEDNG scholarships cover $10,000 annual living allowance
- Recipients also receive up to $1,200 for books annually
- Grad students can also apply if they have only two years remaining until they graduate
- Cadets participate in SMP program: