American Quarter Horse Foundation Scholarships
Purpose: To develop and educate the future professionals. Focus: Education Nursing Journalism Veterinary science and medicine. Qualif.: An applicant must be enrolled in college specializing degree programs such as education, nursing, journalism, veterinary and racing. Criteria: Applicant will be selected based on the financial need, academic merit, equine involvement, and civic activities.
Funds Avail.: No specific amount. To Apply: Applicant must fill out the application form and submit proof that he/she is currently enrolled in a college or university. Deadline: not stated. Contact: 806-378-5000.
“” Scholarships, Fellowships and Loans. . Encyclopedia.com. 26 Aug. 2022 < > .
“American Quarter Horse Youth Association.” Scholarships, Fellowships and Loans. . Encyclopedia.com. .
“American Quarter Horse Youth Association.” Scholarships, Fellowships and Loans. . Retrieved August 26, 2022 from Encyclopedia.com:
Certified Angus Beef Colvin Scholarship Fund
- For juniors, seniors, graduate, and doctoral students. Must be dedicated to the beef industry and be completing a meat science, food science, animal science, marketing, economics, business, communications, journalism, or other degree related to the beef industry. Deadline to apply is January 15th.
Leonard M Perryman Communications Scholarship
Deadline: March 15th
In honor of an accomplished journalist who served as the editor for the United Methodist Churchs Board of Missions for 30 years, the Leonard M. Perryman Communications Scholarship is awarded annually for $2,500 to junior and senior-level students pursuing their studies in communications, mass communications, and/or religious journalism.
Qualified candidates must be enrolled full-time in an accredited U.S. university, represent a racial-ethnic minority group, plan to pursue a career in electronic or print journalism, and be actively involved in the United Methodist Church.
Applicants are judged based on their academic achievement, letters of reference, journalistic experience, future career plans, professional potential, and Christian commitment.
Leonard M. Perryman Communications Scholarship810 12th Avenue South
Don’t Miss: Scholarships For Disabled Military Dependents
Earl B Williams And Joseph B Chilen Memorial Scholarships
Deadline: February 20th
In the amount of $1,500 apiece, the Earl B. Williams and Joseph B. Chilen Memorial Scholarships are granted annually through Pioneer Communications to five graduating high school seniors who will be majoring in communications, marketing, public relations, business communications, or telecommunications at an accredited Kansas university the upcoming fall term. Qualified candidates must reside within Pioneers service area, plan to enroll full-time, and live in a household receiving Pioneer Communications services. Applicants must attach a current resume outlining extra-curricular and work experience, a high school transcript, and a short paragraph describing their future plans in communications.
Earl B. Williams and Joseph B. Chilen Memorial ScholarshipsP.O. Box 707
Judy Corman Memorial Scholarship And Internship From Scholastic
- For a student interested in communications and media relations. Must be a rising junior/senior in college who can complete a paid internship at the companys New York City headquarters during the summer. Deadline to apply is January 26th.
- Rising juniors and seniors interested in communications and media relations.
- For doctoral students interested in political economy. Should be in a Ph.D. program covering economics, philosophy, political science, sociology, or related areas. Includes three weekend residencies and a weeklong summer residency at George Mason University. Deadline to apply is March 15th.
- Doctoral students in applicable areas.
Also Check: Masters Scholarships For International Students
Best Colleges For Communications Major
The DMEF offers scholarship opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students. Current available scholarships include the Mike Buonchristiano Memorial Scholarship, the Mark Duda Scholarship, the Lorraine Zitone Scholarship and the Richard Montesi Scholarship. Award amounts vary, and are determined on the basis of academic achievement and financial need. The American Quarter Horse Association offers the AQHA Journalism/Communications Scholarship for members of the AQHA of the AQHA-Youth Association. To be eligible, students must be pursuing a degree in print or photo journalism and must have a minimum 2. 5 GPA. The award is $8000, to be disbursed in intervals over the course of a four year undergraduate program. United Methodist Communications administers the Leonard M. Perryman Communications Scholarship for Racial Ethnic Minority Students. The scholarship provides a $2500 award to a minority student who is pursuing a degree in religious journalism or mass communications. Applicants must be members of the Methodist Church.
- Colleges for communications http
- Best colleges for communications degrees
- What are the best colleges for communications on the EAST COAST?
Baptist Communicators Association Scholarships
Deadline: March 15th
Since 1988, the Baptist Communicators Association has awarded one $1,000 scholarship to an undergraduate student, one $1,000 scholarship to an undergraduate minority or international student, and one $500 scholarship to a graduate student annually.
Eligible candidates must be majoring in communications, English, journalism, or public relations at an accredited four-year institution with a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 to enter a career specifically in Baptist communications.
Applicants should attach an official transcript, current resume, three reference letters, and a one-page statement describing their desire to receive the scholarship.
Baptist Communicators Association Scholarships
Don’t Miss: Scholarships For Veterans In Florida
An Exchange Of Ideas About Money For College
Communications continues to be one of the most popular majors for college students. A degree in communications can lead to a wide range of professional careers, including journalism, broadcasting, advertising, marketing, and publishing. Communications majors may even find themselves working for large corporations in their public relations department, handling press releases and acting as a liaison between the business world and major media outlets. The career possibilities are nearly endless.
Students pursuing a degree in communications will find a wealth of valuable scholarship programs designed to help them complete their college education. Many of these programs will focus on a particular field of communications, and students will have a better chance of winning a scholarship if they have already narrowed the focus of their studies to a particular discipline. Having said that, some general scholarships for communication majors are available for undergraduates who have yet to decide on a definite career goal.
Scholarships for communications majors are highly competitive, and the majority of awards are strictly merit-based. The most common sources of scholarships for communications majors are corporations and professional associations, and colleges and universities.
National Academy Of Television Arts And Sciences
- The Emmys offer a wealth of national and regional scholarships for aspiring media professionals. Check their listings for awards that apply to you.
- Aspiring media professionals.
- ARRL offers several awards to qualified students pursuing radio careers. Terms vary. Application deadline is December 31st.
- Aspiring radio professionals.
Also Check: Scholarships For Ball State University
National Association Of Hispanic Journalists
- NAHJ offers many different scholarships for Hispanic students who want careers in English or Spanish-language print, broadcast, digital or photojournalism. There are specific terms and award amounts for various scholarships.
- Hispanic students who want careers in English or Spanish-language print, broadcast, digital or photojournalism.
- The OPC Foundation encourages the next generation of foreign correspondents. There are 18 separate awards, scholarship[s, and fellowships students can apply to. Each have their own criteria and application deadlines.
- College students that are aspiring foreign correspondents.
- NLGJA offers four distinct scholarship opportunities for LGBTQ journalism students. Check individual awards for terms and deadlines.
- LGBTQ journalism students.
Nds Marshall E Mccullough Scholarships
Deadline: April 15th
Named in honor of a well-known Georgia nutrition researcher and journalist, the Marshall E. McCullough Scholarships are granted through the National Dairy Shrine annually for $2,000 to graduating high school seniors planning to major in dairy or animal science with a communications emphasis. Eligible candidates must have U.S. citizenship, be accepted into a four-year accredited college, and wish to pursue a career in dairy communications or journalism upon graduation. Applications must be accompanied by one letter of recommendation, proof of enrollment, official transcripts, and a video responding to specific dairy industry questions.
NDS Marshall E. McCullough ScholarshipsP.O. Box 725
Recommended Reading: Scholarships For Nursing Graduate Students
Ruben Salazar Scholarship Fund
Deadline: March 1st
Within the National Association of Hispanic Journalists , the Ruben Salazar Scholarship Fund has been created to provide $1,000 to $2,000 annually to college-bound high school seniors, college undergraduates, and graduate students pursuing a degree in communications or journalism. Applicants must be enrolled in a four-year college in the United States or Puerto Rico, be in good academic standing, and be pursuing a career in English or Spanish-language media. To qualify, candidates must submit a W-2 form, current resume, two references, an unofficial school transcript, proof of financial need, work samples, and a 1,000-word essay explaining their interest in the journalism field.
New York Women In Communications Scholarships
Deadline: January 30th
Ranging in value from $2,500 to $10,000 each, the New York Women in Communications Inc. offers up to 20 annual scholarships for graduating high school seniors, undergraduates, and graduate students who intend to pursue a career in communications.
Eligible female students must be enrolled in a communications-related degree, have a minimum overall GPA of 3.2, and be members in good standing.
Candidates should reside in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, or Pennsylvania, but those outside this region who plan to attend an accredited university in one of the five boroughs of New York City can also apply.
New York Women in Communications Scholarships355 Lexington Avenue 15th FloorNew York, NY 10017
Read Also: Full Ride Scholarships For Adults
State & Regional Scholarships
State and local support of the horse industry is vital. Thats why the Foundation offers scholarships to reinforce the importance of our youth affiliate ambassadors. Youth leaders who are actively involved through their state affiliate may be eligible for scholarships supported by Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, British Columbia , Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and Washington.
Swayze Woodruff Memorial Mid-South Scholarship
Ideal candidates have been a member of AQHYA or AQHA for at least one year who is from Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi or Tennessee, and who competes in AQHA-approved shows. Member must apply during their senior year of high school or while enrolled at an accredited college or university. Recipient must maintain a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average. Current or previous AQHF scholarship recipients are not eligible to receive this scholarship. Funding for this scholarship will be applied to a four-year undergraduate degree program of the student’s choice.
James F. and Doris M. Barton Scholarship
Arizona Quarter Horse Youth Scholarship
AQHA Region One Quarter Horse Youth Scholarship
Willard Rhodes AQHA Region 6 Scholarship
Andrew McBeath Region 9 Leadership Scholarship
Oklahoma Quarter Horse Youth Scholarship
Nebraska Quarter Horse Youth Scholarship
Indiana Quarter Horse Youth Scholarship
Lou And Carole Prato Sports Reporting Scholarship
- Includes an invite to the Excellence in Journalism conference. Must be a sophomore, junior or senior at the time the scholarship is awarded. For students pursuing careers in radio, television, or digital journalism. Application deadline is January 18th.
- Sophomore, junior, and senior students interested in radio, television, or digital journalism careers.
- For freshmen at a four-year-college or university majoring in Dairy/Animal Science with a Communications focus or Agricultural Journalism with a Dairy/Animal Science focus. Must desire a career in dairy journalism or communications. Deadline is in April.
- Undergraduate freshman in applicable majors.
- AAJA offers a number of scholarships, fellowships, and internships that may or may not be intended for Asian-American students. Deadlines and terms vary depending on the award.
- Journalism students, Asian-American journalism students.
- For black college students who want careers in journalism, media, and communications. There are several awards to apply to. The deadline to apply is in December.
- Black college students interested in careers in journalism, media, and communications.
Read Also: Nc State Full Ride Scholarship
Rubn Salazar Scholarship Fund
Deadline: March 1st
Within the National Association of Hispanic Journalists , the RubÃ©n Salazar Scholarship Fund has been created to provide $1,000 to $2,000 annually to college-bound high school seniors, college undergraduates, and graduate students pursuing a degree in communications or journalism.
Applicants must be enrolled in a four-year college in the United States or Puerto Rico, be in good academic standing, and be pursuing a career in English or Spanish-language media.
To qualify, candidates must submit a W-2 form, current resume, two references, an unofficial school transcript, proof of financial need, work samples, and a 1,000-word essay explaining their interest in the journalism field.
RubÃ©n Salazar Scholarship Fund1050 Connecticut Avenue NW
Cfpca Lgbt Endowed Scholarship Application
The CFPCA LGBT Scholarship provides financial aid and hopes to meritorious students who demonstrate a positive sensitivity to and involvement in LGBT issues. Preference is given to LGBT students, but all students are invited to apply.
All current bachelor and postgraduate students enrolled at least half including majors in the school of Fine, and mass Communication Arts who are in good academic standing may apply. Students should demonstrate a positive sensitivity to and involvement in LGBT matters.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2022
Scholarship Worth: $500
Don’t Miss: Andrea R. Lacy Grit Award Scholarship
Dairy Management Inc Scholarship Program
- For undergraduate students enrolled in programs with a dairy emphasis. Majors can include communications/public relations, journalism, marketing, business, economics, nutrition, food science, and agricultural education. Theres also a $2,500 award. Application deadlines are in late May.
- Undergraduate students in applicable programs.
New York Women In Communications Inc Foundation Scholarship Program
Deadline: January 31
The New York Women in Communications Foundation Scholarship Program is designed to help empower women who are studying to enter the world of communications.
To be considered, you must be a resident of New York and be a graduating high school senior or an undergraduate student majoring in Communications.
The awards typically are $2500, $5000, and $10,000, and between 15 and 20 women are selected to be honored each year. Students may be selected based on performance, achievement, background, and financial need.
NYWCIF355 Lexington Ave. 15th FloorNY, NY 10017
Don’t Miss: Best App To Find Scholarships
Which Country Is Best For Mass Communication
The United Kingdom is known as the media capital of Europe. It sits among the top countries to study communication in the world.
Also, most universities in the US are known for their diligence and professionalism in media related studies. Studying Mass Communication in the USA equips you for careers in diverse fields like online multimedia, news production, and broadcast journalism.
UK and USA are the top countries to study Mass Communication in 2022-in a nutshell.
Michael Vergauwen Scholarship Fund
Deadline: May 2nd
Through the International Communications Industries Foundation , the Michael Vergauwen Scholarship Fund was established to provide $5,000 awards annually for third or fourth-year undergraduate students or graduate school candidates who are pursuing a degree in communications to enter a career in the audiovisual industry.
Applicants must be related to an InfoComm member, be enrolling full-time in an accredited college, carry a minimum overall GPA of 2.75, and support their desire to work in the AV arena.
The scholarship panel will pick recipients based on their grade point averages, work experience, AV-related extracurricular activities, essay responses, letters of recommendation, and career potential.
Michael Vergauwen Scholarship Fund11242 Waples Mill Road Suite 200Fairfax, VA 22030
Also Check: Scholarships For Adults Over 35
Frank And Sally Morlan Scholarship
Deadline: February 13th
Funded by two long-time newspaper publishers and owners, the Frank and Sally Morlan Scholarship is administered through the Iowa Newspaper Association to provide up to $1,000 to outstanding students enrolling in a two or four-year journalism or communications program at an accredited higher learning institution in Iowa.
Eligible applicants must reside within Iowa, originate from a community of fewer than 10,000 residents, be graduating high school seniors, maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, and show potential for succeeding in the states newspaper industry.
Frank and Sally Morlan Scholarship319 East 5th Street
Adelante Fund Millercoors Colorado Scholarship
Adelante! leadership is leadership in America, a non-profit organization for Hispanic students. The mission of these platforms is to encourage Latin American countries to complete their studies, internships and leadership training in mass communication.
Starting in the fall semester, applicants must be a graduating high school student, or already enrolled in an undergraduate program in the same field.
The candidate must be from Spain and be a US citizen or permanent resident of the European Union with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. More information and applications can be found on the scholarship website.
Scholarship Worth: $3,000
Awmf & ford Emerging Voices Mass Communication Scholarships For International Students
Application Deadline: 5th January 2022
Scholarship Worth: $2,000
The creation of the AWM Foundation with Ford Motor Company supports two women via essays on a proposed topic. The winner will receive a grant of $ 2,000 and will be able to write four AWM blog posts. The winner will be asked to get a scholarship for an elegant dinner in New York.
Also, the winner will receive a scholarship paid directly to the students institution on behalf of the Ford Motor Company Foundation. Candidates must submit an essay on the proposed topic.
This scholarship opportunity is open to any woman or bachelors student attending a recognized university in the United States. People who have a career in the media in various fields, including mass communication, television, radio, digital media, publications, journalism, advertising, production, and creative design, are encouraged to register.
Mercatus Joseph Schumpeter Undergraduate Fellowship
- For undergraduate students at George Mason University interested in political economy. Scholarship is $1,000 per semester. The next application cycle begins in the Spring.
- Undergraduate GMU students interested in political economy.
- For oustanding journalism students. Must be a sophomore, junior, or senior pursuing careers in radio, television, or digital journalism. The next application cycle begins in the Fall.
- Oustanding undergraduate journalist sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
- For students interested in marketing. A range of awards is offered between $1,000-7,000. Must have a 3.0 GPA and a demonstrated interest in marketing.
- The National Press Club offers three distinct awards to high school seniors, undergraduate students, and graduate journalism students. Check individual awards for application components and deadlines.
- High school seniors, undergraduate students, graduate journalism students.
You May Like: Who Can Apply For Scholarship